.NET Software Engineer Senior at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS™ Commercial Loan Origination helps improve customer engagement, risk analysis and profitability optimization throughout the credit life cycle. A highly configurable platform, our loan origination software gives you the ability to attract customers with a truly modern and digital experience.
What you will be doing
*Remote candidates must reside in the eastern time zone, preferably within driving distance to an FIS office to work onsite as needed after our offices reopen.*
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzing and debugging customer issues, supporting FIS Client Services and our customers.
- Supporting customer implementation projects and deployments.
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially).
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams on systems application.
- May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documenting work and results.
- May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to perform on-call work on a regular basis
- OO development experience (OOPS, Design Patterns) with strong .NET/Core/C# skills/ASP .NET Core WebAPI. Understanding of patterns like MVVM, GOF, SOLID, Async
- Good design skills using Microservices ,n-layer/tier, onion architectures (Async. Patterns , Services, business & data layers), leveraging workflow (sequential and state machine) systems and Plug in solutions(Manage extensibility framework
- Experience in writing data access components using various Data Access techniques(Entity Framework, Unit of Work, Repository) and writing optimized SQ
- Experience with Agile methodologies - Scrum, Continuous integration, Continuous Delivery, TDD, BDD
- Experience in providing solutions to integrate disparate systems using message-based communications (SOAP, REST) and ESB(Enterprise Service Bus)
Added bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with FIS products and services and or the Financial Services industry
- Experience in developing “on Demand” and “on Premise” solutions and should be conversant in metering, multi-tenancy, multi entity, scalability cloud design concepts with experience in AWS or Azure.
- Experience in addressing nonfunctional requirement (NFR) of solution: Security(AAA concept, Claims based authentication, service federation), Scalability(Scale up, Scale out, NLB’s, CLBs), Logging, Auditing, Quality, Reliability.
- Understanding of specific technologies such as Postman, SQL Server profile, Chrome browser debugging to include Restful services and exposure to tools like Consul, RabbitMQ
- Experienced in end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities
- The opportunity to make your mark in rapidly growing team, with plenty of scope for career progression;
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.