Motion Planning Scientist
Greater Boulder Area
We're a team of leading robotics engineers and product specialists and we are on a mission to improve the world and push the boundaries of robotics. Our leadership team comes from a rich background of autonomous robotics at Google, Toyota, Qualcomm, General Atomics and Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). We are collaborative, confident, creative, and we are working fast.
We are seeking candidates to help round out our team of motion planning and control experts. In this role, you will be expected to exhibit a mastery of robot planning algorithms, object avoidance and congestion management strategies, and some experience with feedback/control logic. You will be an integral part of the core robotics team and work with others to implement robot motion planning systems above and beyond the current state-of-the-art in the field.
- MS/PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Prior robotics motion planning and/or congestion management experience.
- Strong proficiency in the C++ programming language.
- Proven experience producing computationally efficient software to meet real-time requirements.
- A solid understanding of the latest robot planning and coordination research.
- Experience implementing efficient, modern planning algorithms.
- Prior work or publications advancing the state of the art in the domain.
- Exposure to low level feedback and control systems.
- 3-5 years of commercial or open source C++ coding experience.
Why work for Canvas?
We are a robotics company developing autonomous solutions for industrial applications. We have a driving passion for creating ground-breaking products and a desire to have big impact. Our environment is exciting, challenging, collaborative, and fun...and we’re building game-changing products. You’ll work with a tight-knit and creative team on state-of-the art solutions to real problems.
Our office is located in Boulder CO, in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Many of us commute by bike and you’ll be a short distance from some of the best hiking, climbing and skiing in the U.S. Boulder offers a unique mix of outdoors, fine dining, microbrews and much more. Plus, it’s just a happy place.
We’re looking for motivated and passionate individuals who love to build things and solve problems. If this is you, please send us your resume and include a clear and concise cover letter to help us understand more about you, including why you are interested in Canvas, why you are leaving or have left your current position, and anything else that will give us a better sense of who you are and what you are looking for.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, or other protected class.
Read Full Job Description