Mid/ Senior Front End Software Engineer at SonderMind
About SonderMIndThe need for mental health support has never been more acute yet frustrations abound for individuals unable to access care. With our recent successful Series B round of funding (https://tcrn.ch/3bXyvQW), our rapidly growing team is more prepared than ever to redesign mental and behavioral health through improved access, utilization and outcomes. If you enjoy a challenge and being part of a mission with big aspirations, SonderMind may be the place for you!
- Minimum of three years of front end experience
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Angular 7+ framework
- Advanced experience with other component based UI frameworks will be considered
- Provide examples of previous production-quality front-end work, and the ability to walk-through its architecture and design
- Ability to work in ever changing environment and an understanding that business requirements change
- Excellent communication skills necessary to collaborate with fellow business and technical team members
- Unit Testing with Protractor or similar experience
- Previous dedicated UX/UI design work.
- Strong front-end unit testing experience with Jasmine and Protractor (or similar).
- Ability to move up and down the stack:
- Ruby on Rails development
- Relational database experience (SQL)
We expect our Front End Software Engineer to have the requisite skill set to be able to achieve the following outcomes within the approximate time frames:
- Within 1 week - Successfully understand our current front-end product architecture
- Within 2 weeks - Start implementation of new or updated UI changes
- Within 3 weeks - Provide UX/UI design recommendations for new and existing projects
- Within 1 month - Be an expert in our UI and have ability to design and implement new UI projects
- Within 2 months - Be able to own the shared UI framework and have the ability to design and implement new shared components
- Within 4 months – Be able to lead specific team projects independently and in collaboration with other leads
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location accessible with a 100% company-covered EcoPass and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (with health and indulgent options for whatever craving hits you)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.