Mgr, Engineering SW at NetApp
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations.
About the Role
NetApp is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our All Flash Array and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (NetApp HCI/AFA) storage development team. NetApp HCI/AFA’s product includes a rapidly growing enterprise class data storage solution specifically designed for large scale, public and private cloud deployments. This is a great opportunity to work on a high-powered team delivering an industry changing product within an extremely high growth sector of the tech industry.
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Development Manager to lead and provide technical direction to a team of 10+ very talented software engineers. The Software Development Manager must be a proven technical leader, who can inspire and motivate. More specific responsibilities include:
· Identify full project scope and set aggressive development milestones and deadlines for the team
· Participate and lead in the design and development of long-range planning for new products
· Build and promote a work environment that is highly collaborative and team-centric
· Work hand-in-glove with the Quality and Customer Support teams to resolve software related bugs
· Evolve coding practices related to quality, architecture and documentation standards
· Set performance expectations for individual employees and monitor their success in meeting these goals.
As a Software Development Manager you must be a proven technical leader who can build, lead and motivate software teams. You will partner with product management to create compelling customer driven features while building and maintaining a scalable, performant codebase. You will have a continuous improvement mentality and always be on the look out for ways to make things better across the company and within your own scope of responsibility.
· 5+ years experience leading teams developing enterprise products in a high-growth, fast-paced system software engineering company
· Experience building system level products - enterprise storage appliances are the perfect match but other industries could include networking, operating systems, security, telecommunications and database systems
· Proven experience leading teams through the full software development life cycle including managing cross functional project teams (Dev, QE and Automation)
· In depth knowledge of system software development in Linux, C or C++
· Strong track record of hiring, growing and nurturing cohesive, high performing development teams
· Effective multitasker, working multiple projects and initiatives in parallel
· 3-5 years hands-on software development experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience. 8+ years -- plus add additional experience requirements needed if you were to fill an open requisition, i.e., knowledge, skills, and abilities.
What You'll Love About Us
· Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
· Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
· Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
· Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
· Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
· Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do. Along the way, we’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now, more game-changing developments are in the pipeline, and behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we’ll help each other do our best work!