Metrology Technician (ADX-334-20) at ArcherDX
ArcherDX (Invitae) is a growing, innovative company developing assays and software for next generation sequencing (NGS) with applications in research and in vitro diagnostics. The Metrology Technician will have a critical role in supporting and expanding the company’s equipment calibration and preventative maintenance while maintaining cGMP compliance. Key attributes of the successful applicant include the ability to work in a dynamic environment with high expectations and rapid change, experience with development and validation of automated equipment and systems in a regulated facility, and willingness to work as a lead within cross-functional teams.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
• Help maintain a future equipment calibration and maintenance program software.
• Participation and review of calibration and preventative maintenance documents.
• Verify equipment program schedules on a monthly basis.
• Ability to utilize their technical writing skills to write equipment-based documents.
• Maintaining procedures, policies, documents for regarding the calibration and preventative maintenance of equipment within a cGMP laboratory.
• Budget analysis for differing calibration programs.
• Assist in preventative maintenance scheduling.
• Researching calibration standards requirements for laboratory equipment.
• 4-8 years of relevant experience
• Experience within a GMP production facility is preferred, but not required.
• Use of Microsoft Office products, Smartsheet, and similar systems.
• Drive and determination
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Driven to perform
• Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
• Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
• Bachelor’s or Associate's degree with experience in an engineering or science discipline.