AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Mechanical Engineering Manager, R&D reporting to Head of Mechanical Engineering: In this role, the Mechanical Engineering Manager, R&D will be responsible for defining and delegating the teams roles based on strengths and interests, ensuring that schedules are in place and milestones are met as the team works to prototype, test, and scale production across one of AMP Robotics’ core projects. As both a contributor and a manager this role will epitomize leading from both the front and the back..
As our Mechanical Engineering Manager, R&D, you will work to:
- Lead a R&D team of 4 engineers on fast-moving, rapidly evolving autonomous recycling products
- Work closely with the product team to establish project requirements, budgets, and timelines
- Test, validate, and iterate designs to meet strict performance requirements
- Rapidly prototype proof-of-concept designs
- Develop products from prototype phase to larger-scale production
- Be a mentor and role model for other engineers
- Facilitate the development of future AMP products
- Supervise up to 6 senior engineers
The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical experience and work experience
- 10+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role
- A strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- The ability to build teams and products for scaling
- Exposure to research and development or new product development
- Electronics knowledge
- You’ll also be:
- Eager to learn
- Communicative across different engineering and non-engineering disciplines
- Driven to succeed
- Reliable and consistent
- An inspiring and well-intentioned person
- Strong public speaking skills and comfort presenting regularly
- DFMA proficiency
- SolidWorks proficiency
- Passion for the environment and recycling
- Passion and experience with robotics, automation, and artificial intelligence
- Experience from multiple industries
- Experience being a part of the process of helping a start-up succeed
- BSME Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years preferred experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Louisville, cO
- 5% travel may be required
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $110,000 - 161,000 based on experience.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).