Marketing Web Developer at Sphero
Who We Are
Founded in 2010 and based in Boulder, CO, Sphero’s ongoing mission is to inspire tomorrow’s creators. We’re available in 80+ countries around the globe and have sold more than one million robots to date… and counting. Touted as “the best day of school” for kids, we aim to be all that and more as we continue to explore new technologies in the realm of creative play. We firmly believe that play is a powerful teacher, and as long as we're sparking imaginations around the world, we’ll keep fueling that fire.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You Will Do
A frontend engineer with experience working as an integrated part of our marketing team. As a member of our marketing technology team, you'll help build solutions to expand our reach, raise awareness, and drive sales on sphero.com.
- Implement and refine our email marketing program.
- Build personalized landing pages.
- Optimize our E-commerce store.
- Build internal tools and customer-facing solutions to support key marketing initiatives.
- Deliver great customer experiences.
- Drive revenue growth for the business.
Experience / Attributes We’d Like You To Have:
- 3+ years of UI development experience.
- Strong HTML skills and an advanced understanding of the DOM.
- Knowledge of technical implementation of ARIA and other web accessibility standards.
- Pixel-perfect CSS skills, web animation, css transitions, and elegant use of motion in web UI.
- Experience implementing responsive layouts from static design files.
- Strong understanding of user experience best practices and elements of interaction design.
- Front end styling and templating (HTML, SASS/CSS).
- Strong understanding of modern web development tools and frameworks (native web components, vue.js, react, css).
- Strong understanding of web services and standards (AJAX, JWT, JSON, local storage, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience building HTML marketing emails.
- Experience working with Mailchimp, SailThru, or other email service provider.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience implementing event tracking for analytics data pipelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, creative, technical and analytical.
- Ability to present technical information in non-technical terms to co-workers and management.
- Always thinking mobile first.
- Experience with SailThru or MailChimp.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with Google Cloud, AWS, and Cloud technologies.
- Unit testing and automated testing experience and adhere to coding best practices.
- Experience with conversion rate optimization and personalization.
- Experience with Google Optimize, Optimizely, or other A/B split-testing tools.
- Experience with marketing automation or customer data platforms.
- Experience with digital audience segmentation via digital ad platforms.
- Experience with web analytics (i.e. Google Analytics).
- Experience with Magento.
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you’d be a good fit for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet, write a blog, or practice another craft, we’d love to hear about it.
Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other perks such as a wellness reimbursement, cell phone benefit, a fully stocked kitchen, and catered lunches on Fridays.