Manufacturing Specialist/Business Process Engineer at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
AMSS Business Process Engineer / Manufacturing Specialist
The AMSS Business Process Engineer is responsible to develop and manage a manufacturing solution for customer electronic assemblies. This process requires a technical documentation review to identify and correct deficiencies. Work with suppliers to create a high quality and efficient manufacturing solution while limiting the risk for potential liability. Manage the Document Control, Manufacturing, Electrical Test and overall product quality at both the supplier and customer level. Support technical relationships with our customers by working with AMSS manufacturing partners and internal resources on problem resolution. Pursue continuous process improvement by evaluating process and quality on behalf of the customer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the manufacturing process of multiple electronic assemblies for multiple customers
- Review documentation including bills of material, assembly drawings, custom fabricated drawings, electrical test procedures, schematic and quality requirements to verify that AMSS can meet program requirements
- Perform both design and quality reviews involving suppliers as needed. Implement changes to improve quality and to lower cost
- Manage test installation and training at supplier site
- Travel to local customers and suppliers on a regular basis. Travel to non-local customers and suppliers approximately two times per year
- Troubleshoot and resolve design/documentation issues. Includes implementing short term fixes to keep schedules intact as well as performing root cause analyses to resolve issues for the long term (the short term fixes often greatly help to reduce Arrow’s risk of financial liability)
- Establish, maintain and improve relationships with customers, suppliers and Arrow Sales Branch. Customer and supplier relationships are usually at the technical level such as Engineering and Quality
- Provide technical training and assistance to other members of the AMSS group.
- 4-6 years of experience in the electronics manufacturing environment
- College degree or sufficient technical training/experience
- Working knowledge of electronic assembly acceptance criteria (IPC), statistical process control, continuous process improvement and various certification requirements
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under general supervision. This position will not have direct reports, but will require leadership skills as it relates to an ability to plan, align and execute a multi-disciplined team to include suppliers to achieve a business objective
- Ability to understand and accurately follow technical documentation
- Ability to perform technical problem solving, root cause analysis, write corrective actions and implement solutions
- Knowledgeable in the area of electrical test and test development with the ability to troubleshoot test failures
- Project management skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications