Manufacturing Engineering Manager I at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager I
At Ball Aerospace’s Westminster Colorado location, we develop and manufacture state of the art RF & sensor technologies that are integrated onto tactical missile and aircraft platforms. If you’d like to join our rapidly growing operations team in a mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for you. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager role will be integral in supporting the development of advanced sensor systems as well as their transition to production. This opportunity requires a result driven individual, with extensive experience in leading and applying Lean thinking, to solve system challenges in direct support of the Tactical Solutions (TS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU). This role will require a heavy focus on functional management of the manufacturing engineering and planning staff. Additionally, it will entail an emphasis on defining customer value and initiating tactics to drive improvements that support the execution of a growing business sector. This role will emphasize a leadership / functional role focused on the development of people and an operational strategy based on our mission, vision, and 13 operating principles.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide functional leadership for Manufacturing Engineering and Planning staff supporting programs. Specific duties include staff motivation, talent recruitment, training, performance management, work delegation, workload management, new-hire engagement, and recognition.
- Design and create an operational strategy and organizational structure, using value as defined by the customer as well as input from value stream team members, that is scalable to meet business growth
- Develop a strategy to connect manufacturing operational strategy with internal customer needs.
- Drive awareness and develop alignment regarding the 13 principles of LPPD.
- Develop people to Identify structural processes and/or systems that stand in the way of value creating activities. Encourage and support the creativity of every team member. Help drive countermeasures that improve the flow of both knowledge and hardware.
- Influence others with a Lean coaching approach (respect for people, “go and see” behavior, put problems first, and continuously intensify collaboration).
- Maintain a strong focus on human and hardware safety.
- Contribute and execute to risk and opportunity management. Specifically identify risk or opportunity topics and collaborate with key stakeholders to get them submitted for consideration. Either contribute or lead projects to a solution.
- Demonstrate outstanding abilities in conflict resolution, leadership presence, and organizational / time management.
- Develop a strong relationship with the internal customer to identify their value proposition(s). Collaborate with the operational team to design and execute a strategy that continuously aims to maximizing customer value. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.