Manager, Test Automation at Billtrust
Billtrust is seeking a Manager, Test Automation to lead our Agile teams to ensure quality deliverables for several of our mission-critical Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products. As we modernize several of our core platforms to leverage micro services and public cloud, you will provide direction and drive process for an experienced group of engineers focused on focusing on quality, test automation, and scalability in a high-growth, product-centric environment. You will take ownership for creating and ensuring quality for both process and products.
- Guide, coach and advocate for a team of engineers leveraging Agile techniques
- Manage team member performance
- Increase and enhance test automation coverage with a focus on regression, canary, load/performance, integration and end-to-end testing
- Improve Continuous Integration (CI) and drive teams towards Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Collaborate with Development, Product, DevOps and other cross-functional teams to help coordinate releases
- Advance test strategies and test planning processes
- Ability to provide direction and mentoring to an experienced group of quality/automation engineers utilizing Agile techniques
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage in a way that results in highly-engaged teams and allows each person to reach their potential
- 7+ years of demonstrated success delivering SaaS products, including 2+ years directly managing engineers
- Strong ability to drive processes forward to improve automated test suites
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a distributed team-oriented environment
- DevOps mindset with an understanding of CI/CD practices and tooling
- Conceptual understanding of a variety of languages, frameworks, tools and techniques for REST API and UI test automation, including Postman, Newman, Jmeter, Protractor, Jasmine, Angular, Node.js and/or C#
- Experience with some of the following: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Git/GitLab, Docker, Nginx, Terraform, microservices, event-driven architecture, queuing
- An understanding of Agile/Scrum techniques
- Strong understanding of product release management
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience in a SaaS, software, or product-centric company strongly preferred
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar (or equivalent experience)
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons - We enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Invoice-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $30B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently. For the past 18 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture - We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.