Manager, Solutions Engineering at CircleCI
As a Solutions Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of Solution Engineers and guide the extended team of Customer Engineering, Revenue, and Customer Success to deliver outstanding experiences for CircleCI customers and prospects.
Solutions Engineering managers will hire, allocate resources, perform employee reviews and evaluations, participate in strategic deals, and back up team members as needed to grow the business. The SE Manager will actively work with their team members to tackle difficult problems, and coordinate internal/external resources when required.
We are seeking a manager that stays on top of industry news, technology products, platforms, new CircleCI features, and partner news. This ensures your team provides deep industry and ecosystem expertise. We're also looking for a candidate that can identify areas of potential improvement in our sales efforts. This could be high level strategy, daily tactical efforts, or down in the weeds of documenting or how to videos. Where can we improve our overall processes? This is an amazing role for a strategic problem-solver!
Our team has a strong understanding of the developer community and are able to connect with and provide first class support to developers, DevOps leads, architects and decision makers.
This job can be performed remotely, but will be leading a distributed team across North American time zones, with occasional travel.What you’ll do:
- Drive the Solutions Engineering team by providing mentorship on sales strategies, value-based discovery, and approaches to tackle specific challenges, and represent their team's needs to our executive staff.
- Partner with Revenue leadership to ensure alignment and assess, develop, and accelerate key opportunities.
- Coach, develop, and mentor team members by providing constructive feedback, developing career plans and using teaching opportunities.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to help build product roadmap based on market/customer requirements.
- Set, monitor, and drive success by establishing clear critical metrics and maintaining high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration in your team.
- Prove the technical feasibility of the CircleCI platform to highly technical and developer audiences
- Custom develop and launch new sales products, documentation, and customer integrations to our internal teams and customer community
- 5+ years of Pre-sales or Solution engineering experience in SaaS or developer tools
- 2+ years of experience with team leadership in software development, sales and/or software operations
- Outstanding presentation skills. You feel comfortable leading presentations and demos of our platform to groups, in-person and virtually
- Experience working with customers directly to debug common errors without involving an engineer
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Ability and eagerness to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- A decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- Knowledge of Git in general and ideally GitHub in particular
- You’ve built an app or two in a high-level programming language
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We don't oversell at CircleCI
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among contending opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities and the ability to articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation
- Knowledge of Docker or Linux containers in general
- Experience with popular web app frameworks and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems
Not all skills required. If you’re interested in growing with us, please reach out!About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.