Manager - Solution Engineering at Freshworks (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Please note: this role will be based in San Mateo, CA or Denver, CO and requires an in office presence, or can be remote in New York City, NY.
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end user. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a global team operating from 13 global locations to serve more than 65,000 companies -- from startups to public companies - that rely on Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM, CX) and employee experience (ITSM).
Freshworks' cloud-based software suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshchat (AI-powered bots), supported by Neo, our underlying platform of shared services.
Freshworks is featured in global national press including CNBC, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg and has been a BuiltIn Best Place to work in San Francisco and Denver for the last 3 years. Our customer ratings have earned Freshworks products TrustRadius Top Rated Software ratings and G2 Best of Awards for Best Feature Set, Best Value for the Price and Best Relationship.
Let's face it. Most people hate the software they use at work. Business software is clunky, expensive, hard to set up and frustrating to use. If the software that you use in your personal life is so easy and intuitive to use, why can't business software be that way too? At Freshworks, we agree with you! We pride ourselves on building powerful, sophisticated software that's fun and easy to use. And makes it easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees.
We are constantly on the lookout for smart people who are passionate about growth and community. We are growing our leadership team and looking for a Manager for our Solution Engineering Organization in North America. If you are a leader who can put the team before yourself, we want to talk to you. If you are a great coach who can invest in their team's success and inspire them to achieve greatness, we want to talk to you. If you want the opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization early and let your experience and drive help shape that growth, then we definitely want to talk to you. Hit us up and let's chat.
What will your impact be?
As a leader in our Solution Engineering org, you will be responsible for overseeing one of our high performing, field based teams. Your day to day responsibilities will include hiring to plan, building a thoughtful GTM strategy for our team, helping design new business/cross-sell/up-sell playbooks, allocating resources to territories, evaluating performance on an ongoing basis, providing meaningful feedback to the team and growing the business. You will be a player coach and play a key role in developing the team and helping Solution Engineers on your team solve complex business problems for our prospective and existing customers.
You will partner with Sales Leaders and provide strategic insights into pipeline health, team performance and win rates. Partnering with our product managers is another key area of focus and you will be responsible for evangelizing product requirements on behalf of our customers.
- You have experience in CRM, Customer Service, ITSM or other related domains in a pre-sales leadership role.
- You can lead and inspire a team every day. You are not merely tracking dashboards and reporting on deals. You are rolling up your sleeves and working side by side with Solution Engineers on your team. You lead by example, not by authority.
- As an experienced leader you understand what it takes to run a dynamic team and build scalable and repeatable frameworks & programs.
- You are a technologist at heart and love playing a role in shaping product roadmap. You are the biggest champion that our customers have within Freshworks.
- You are a keen strategist who can build competitive playbooks and work closely with product marketing to evangelize these playbooks within our global SE org.
- You are a practitioner of what you preach and believe in the art of selling value, telling stories in demonstrations and painting a vision for the future.
- Finally, you are an experienced manager who values excellence over outcomes and knows how to nurture and build. You trust by default and use transparency to foster trust.
- 3 years of Solution Engineering management experience in CRM/Customer Service/ITSM or related technologies.
- 7-10 years relevant/industry experience.
- Exceptional soft skills and ability to influence within the organization.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and drive meaningful outcomes.
- Work regularly with C level executives inside and outside the organization and be a credible source of insights.
- A Bachelors or a Masters degree is nice to have, but not required.
Colorado Pay Range: $167,760-272,610+ comprising an annual salary & incentive compensation: You may also be eligible for equity and additional generous company benefits.
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.