We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - Nor do we look for the right "fit" with us, we look for the Add! We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
Pax8 also encourages all applicants authorized to work in the US to apply regardless of location.
The Manager of Software Engineering is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the people, resources, and processes required to deliver new software or upgrade existing products. He/she may have some duties that are similar to those of the Software Engineers they lead; however, the Manager is responsible for the development and mentoring of their direct reports. The Manager removes obstacles so that their team can attain optimal performance. He/she provides direct leadership in delivering critical or at-risk projects.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Manages a team of Software Engineers (includes hiring, mentoring, developing, giving performance reviews, giving feedback at weekly 1:1 meetings, etc.)
- Contributes to projects and software releases
- Leads projects to completion
- Coordinates with Engineering Leadership to allocate team resources to projects
- Provides technical advice during planning of complex solutions
- Documents solutions so that information can be easily disseminated to the engineering team
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least five (5) years of software development experience, preferably in Java
- At least one (1) year of software management experience
- Be passionate about managing software developers
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience.
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
401(k) plan with employer match
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
Flexible, Open Vacation
Paid Sick Time Off
Extended Leave for Life events
RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
Career Development Programs
Stock Option Eligibility
Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 13,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.