Manager, Software Development at Billtrust
As a Development Manager, you will manage a group of experienced developers that are members of one or more agile development teams. You will provide technical guidance, mentoring, and performance management to the group, collaborating closely with Product, Quality Engineering, and Technical Operations. You will serve as a point of escalation for barriers the agile teams encounter as well as issues that internal and external stakeholders encounter with your products. You will also be responsible for evolving our development organization in areas such as unit testing, R&D innovation, API design, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD), and software performance. You will work closely with our Customer Support team to resolve critical production code issues for products owned.What You'll Do:
- Leads all aspects of technical delivery/maintenance/deployment/ongoing technical health to enable the goals of products owned
- Guide, coach, and advocate for a group of developers leveraging Agile/SCRUM techniques, acting as an advisor to the teams to meet deliverables and/or resolve impediments
- Manage team member performance
- Design performant software with a DevOps mindset that will scale as our volumes increase
- Create software designs that consider both current and possible future requirements
- Take part in design reviews across multiple teams and products
- Engages with other technical areas (DBA, systems, DevOps, architecture, security, compliance) to ensure that appropriate requirements are being addressed
- Diagnose production issues and propose solutions that achieve the proper balance between technically-sound yet quick to implement
- Explain technical concepts to both tech and non-tech audiences
- Mentor experienced and inexperienced developers
- Review developers work and provide feedback
- Ability to recruit, train and lead developers to reach their potential
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven success in designing, coding and implementing enterprise SaaS systems in a fast-paced, product-centric environment – 7+ years of relevant experience, at least 3 years in commercial software
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction and mentoring to an experienced software development team utilizing Agile/SCRUM techniques
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage in a way that results in highly-engaged teams that deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to be a technical leader by influencing and educating others as opposed to command & control
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well with a team-oriented environment in order to drive work forward and remove impediments
- Knowledge of testable application design principles utilizing Postman, Protractor, NUnit and similar
- Strong understanding of relational and document oriented databases, such as MySQL and MongoDB
- Proficiency in designing and implementing REST APIs
- Proficiency in building behavior-driven development tests for desired business behavior
- Well-honed skills in source control management using Git or similar
- Experience in AWS or a similar cloud platform
- Proven success in mentoring experienced and inexperienced developers
- Ability to define development standards and methodologies for existing software teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience), along with a firm understanding of data structures and scalable software design
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.