Manager Site Reliability Engineering at Granicus LLC
Are you looking for meaning and purpose in the work you do?
Granicus is a global (remote first) software as a service company building products for the public sector. We digitize government services for all levels of government: city, county, state and federal. We also work with the UK, Canada, Australia and EU.
Examples of our work:
- City of Oakland, California has used Granicus solutions to enhance its transparency and citizen engagement efforts.
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the City of Hurst, Texas was inundated with calls and emails about how to provide donations, dollars or a helping hand, which consumed valuable staff time. They needed a "central source of truth" and an easier way to get vital information to residents before, during and after the hurricane.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) needed an efficient way to improve and increase foster parent recruitment in the state with a 400% over goal result.
Click => Success Stories to learn more about the impactful work we've done in communities across the country and world.
Some quick highlights about us:
- #1 GovTech company
- 22B messages sent annually (22B is not a typo)
- 280M subscribers
- 900+ global employees (300+ on the product team)
- Remote first company, this is not temporary. Should you be seeking an in person or hybrid situation and live near one of our hubs we can accommodate you.
Click => Careers to learn more about working at Granicus.
NOTE: Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
About this role:
- Hiring Manager: Amit Behal - Director Cloud Operations - LinkedIn Profile
- Salary Range: $120,000 - $140,000 +bonus (starting salary may differ by experience and/or location)
- Interview process: 5-6 steps that can be done in 2 weeks (calendars permitting)
The following is a profile or persona of who we are looking for. If you have many of the characteristics below, and we want to learn more about all your skills, please apply so we can start a conversation.
The Granicus team is growing, and we're looking for managers to support this growth. In this role, you'll lead a team of 5 - 7 SREs, working closely with product managers, QA engineers, and other engineering teams to build the future of Granicus' services.
If you love designing, engineering and running systems plus infrastructure that will help our
customers, then this is the place for you!
You will be an accomplished builder and leader of high-performance SRE teams, ready to tackle your next challenge. This role will position you to help shape the future of how we build and run our services with impact on a large scale. You will have the technical chops to go deep yet retain the ability to focus on higher-level business and product goals.
Our customers count on us to provide extraordinary availability, scalability and security for services. You know SRE and you know what it will take to run services at scale with a high degree of operational perfection.
You are a hands-on manager for a team of SREs applying modern DevOps & SRE techniques operating distributed SaaS application(s) across multiple public-clouds. You are well versed in a large number of technologies and welcome new tools and techniques. You are able to work across multiple product/service teams to help build a unified SRE organization. You are always looking for patterns and ways to increase efficiency, eliminate downtime, optimize costs, and maintain performance at scale. You can manage and mentor team of SREs on day-to-day duties as well as work with leadership teams on strategic initiatives. You work to provide hands-on technical expertise to design, deploy, secure and optimize Cloud services.
Our team culture rewards a bias for action, engineering partnership. You'll thrive in our team
if you love chasing impact, working through ambiguity, and developing a culture of
- Strong emphasis on SRE as an engineering discipline with a focus on automation
- You will set direction for the SRE and NOC teams us to ensure we provide extraordinary availability, scalability and security for our services
- Anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful long-term planning
- Experience as a software developer, preferably domain expertise within SRE and/or production environments supporting SaaS solution(s)
- Superb interpersonal skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services in *nix and public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience building and supporting containerized application technologies including Docker, Kubernetes
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python / Java / Ruby / Perl /
- Go for building automation or integration with APIs
- Experience working across an entire organization to drive results, foster change and building inclusive environments
- Work across Engineering and Support teams to ensure Granicus meets its goals for service reliability, availability, and efficiency.
- Drive architectural/technical service improvements
- Hands-on engineering manager who likes to code
- Ensure alignment and execution across Development, Support, and Cloud Operations
- Proven project management skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- Requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 3-5 years prior relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive outcomes from an Agile development team
- Experience with deployments and operations of 24x7 high volume, highly available
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of development, debugging, administration and
- Experience with logging platforms and application performance metrics: NewRelic,
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools
- Proficient in one or more cloud providers, i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP
- Security and compliance experience (ISO2701 / SOC2 / FedRAMP / etc.) highly
- Agile software development execution