Manager, Quality Services - Customer Quality at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Customer Quality Manager to Lead Internal Actions and Customer relations Driving Improved Customer Experience.
Please note that this person can reside near one of Ball's Plant locations.
What will you be responsible for?
- Lead assigned customer focused quality engineers and indirect resources to improve the customer experience.
- Ensures and maintains standardization of quality testing and reporting methods throughout the group that are in alignment with customer requirements.
- Ensures and maintains the standardization of quality test equipment throughout the group consistent with customer and Ball requirements.
- Administers and maintains customer relations in matters relating to quality. This requires routine visits and/or problem solving. This function encompasses such services to all group plants and their customers including product integrity board leadership.
- Driving customer experience improvement including but not limited to NPS, customer scorecards, complaints and other actions that drive quality improvement.
- Ensures and maintains the accuracy of quality documentation such as requirements, policies and procedures.
- Directs the evaluation and qualification of new materials and products, including line trials and customer approvals and internal qualification approval for customer shipment.
- Focal point for establishing new and enhancement of acceptable quality limit (AQL’s) in line with customer requirements
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum.
- Blackbelt or Master Blackbelt preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leading projects using Lean / Six Sigma tools.
- Strong Problem solving with preference on using 8D.
- SPC, Characteristic classification assignment, FMEA, GR&R and other quality assurance elements.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: company policies, procedures, and products; quality assurance principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; business principles, legal practices, customers’ needs and expectations, and company quality standards; statistical process control, DMAIC, statistical tools.
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans