Manager, QA at Vertafore
Make an impact and love what you do!
We are in search of the world's most creative and experienced technology leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. As a key member of the product development leadership team, you will lead the quality assurance and technical strategy for our enterprise products. Partnering with R&D management, product management and other organizations, you will interact with strategic customers designing innovative solutions that meet their business needs.
You will lead multiple teams of software quality engineers, influence many others and provide leadership on design and architecture, strategy, and technology approaches. We expect you to be an accomplished QA engineer, have strong hands on technical experience and deep knowledge in one or more areas of distributed systems and enterprise web delivery platforms. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN and you will be adding your creativity and energy to it. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
If you love technology, leadership, being on the frontline of technical innovation, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to work on software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you.
As a Software Quality Assurance Manager, you will:
- Interact with customers to gather insights and translate technical concepts
- Bring high energy, effectiveness at managing relationships (up, down, across), and ability to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done
- Serve as a SQA lead and work with the leads of other disciplines to increase the SQA impact on the end product
- Provide team oversight during the full software development life cycle, from conception, design, implementation and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance
- Provide time estimates, technical recommendations, and proposed test solutions based on technical and business requirements
- Oversee and direct the development of new test frameworks and applications to ensure the implementation of manual and automated test solutions
- Mitigate risk and escalate to technology leadership as appropriate
- Develop and increase team performance and collaboration across organization
- Design, implement, and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and CI/CD.
- Establish and implement metrics to monitor system effectiveness and enable making sound product quality decisions.
- Create testing and automation strategies and approaches in alignment with overall organizational goals
- Work collaboratively with development and the QA team to identify test cases and suites best suited for automation Have an ability to influence across boundaries and at all levels of the organization
- Think strategically to help drive features and services for short and long-term growth
- Create a fun, fast paced, motivating and rewarding environment for their teams and the organization
- Attract, build and retain a highly engaged and capable quality assurance teams that can deliver on our technology and business strategies
As a successful Software Quality Assurance Manager, you will have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related technical degree; or equivalent amount of professional development
- Have an intense passion for technology and solutions design
- Have 3-5 years professional experience as a quality assurance manager in an agile environment including working with enterprise customers on large scale projects
or have 3-5 years professional experience as a Senior Quality Engineer in an agile environment with experience building automation frameworks and CI/CD pipelines from the ground up
- Have proven track record in leading the architecture, design, development and operations of enterprise scale testing frameworks, processes, methodologies for diverse environments, solutions, and products
- Proficiency in QA methodologies, software testing principles, concepts, verification/ validation techniques, and test management
- Excellent analytical, research, documentation, project planning and implementation skills
- Ability to adapt and willingness to learn new technologies and techniques
- Working knowledge of Selenium and TestNG
- Working knowledge of API and load testing tools
- Experience using various bug tracking tools such as Rally, and test management tools such as qTest
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment preferably with a modern build release tool such as Jenkins
- An unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Hunger to learn new concepts, new technologies, and be exposed to/adopt new ideas
- Kept your coding skills sharp and care deeply about writing solid code
- Skills to communicate effectively cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering effort
- Are self-motivated and excellent problems-solvers
- Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
- Mentor and inspire others to raise the bar for everyone around them
- Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
- Effectively lead and manage change within their area of responsibility as well as across the business
- Have a cooperative, collaborative, open and flexible mindset
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.