Manager, Metal Innovation & Engineering at Ball Aerospace
Provides direct leadership and supervisory responsibilities over a team of 5-8 Engineers designers and ensures all project work from the Innovation Metal Product Engineering team is completed on time and to a high level of quality. Works closely with the Innovation Design Manager and Lab Manager to coordinate project work and team collaboration.
What will you be responsible for?
- Strong Leadership skills, high level project management skills and the ability to make quick decisions. Use of stage gate & project management tools such as MS project along with detailed documentation to lead cross functional collaboration with areas such as Business Development, Commercial, external customers and Operations & Engineering.
- Lead engineering team to think systematically in order to identify, support, and at times lead the effort on the front end and back end of the process that are interdependent with the metal forming process.
- Creates new packaging designs in aluminium and generates/executes various mechanical and process testing on new packaging.
- Works collaboratively with Innovation leadership to set project priorities and ensure smooth workflow between Metal Innovation, Process Innovation, Non-Metal Innovation, Design, and Pilot facility teams
- Works with Design team to develop metal forming tooling and sequences to create final products. Strong technical drawing, dimensioning (including GD&T), metrology, tool manufacture and machine knowledge needed.
- Works with new and existing suppliers to create new or transfer existing processes, equipment and technologies to metal forming applications and needs
- Creates and documents innovations into finalized IP, including patents and trade secrets
- Makes use of analytical and statistical evaluation tools such as DOE, FMEA, Cost Models, Statistically Relevant and comparison to control data.
- Create comprehensive engineering packages for Operations and Engineering to support new product production start-ups and minimize operation issues in a plant environment. Often requiring heavy collaboration, support, and at times ownership in creating quality tests, SOP’s, Equipment documentation, tooling, material specs, Safety procedures, etc.
- Lead engineering team to generate/support business cases for new products including evaluation of capital equipment, material usage, product efficiencies and other strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for forecasting, maintaining, and staying on target with department budget on annual basis.
- Engage business and commercial teams related to team project activity including status updates, project inputs/needs, product evaluations, development timelines, cost model summaries, etc.
Director, Metal Innovation & Engineering
VP, Global Innovation
Manager, Innovation Design
Manager, Packaging Innovations Laboratory
What are we looking for?
- 8 Years applicable experience, 4 year technical degree in Engineering or related field, Master is a plus.
- Enjoys fast paced environment.
- Capable of making critical decisions under pressure.
- Culture champion, relates openly and works well with diverse groups.
- Strong ability to multitask and troubleshoot in a non-linear manner.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong ability to overcome roadblocks by enabling others with clear communication, troubleshooting, and supporting others where needed.
- Knowledge of inner-workings of heavy equipment, understanding of metal forming concepts/principals, experience in analysis of technical concepts.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,500 - 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans