Manager, Engineering at CyberGRX, Inc.
We are searching for an Engineering Manager!
First off, what is CyberGRX?
CyberGRX provides enterprises and their third-party vendors with the most cost-effective and scalable approach to cyber risk management. Built on the market's first third-party cyber risk Exchange, CyberGRX combines both third-party vendors and enterprise organizations in one easy-to-navigate platform to streamline the risk assessment process. 63% of data breaches are linked to a third party and CyberGRX arms organizations with the data and advanced analytics so they can efficiently manage, monitor and mitigate risk in their partner ecosystems.
What does an Engineering Manager do at CyberGRX?
At a base level you will manage a small highly motivated and highly skilled cross-functional team developing and deploying semantic cross-browser compatible and visually stunning end user experiences. You will serve as both a mentor and coach to your team and work with technical leadership to establish best practices that will drive your team and the codebase to a higher level. You will collaborate with your technical leads in the development and implementation of our Software as a Service (SaaS) platform for cyber risk assessments and work with engineering leadership to shape strategy and technical paths forward. The ideal candidate will not only have a passion to lead and collaborate, but also be hungry to assist their engineers in the development of their own careers.
What a day in the life looks like:
- Manage up to two small cross-functional teams consisting of five full-stack engineers who work closely with product, UX design, and system testers.
- Meet 1:1 with each of your engineers at least once a week to understand their needs, goals, aspirations, and establish a clear career growth plan.
- Build fantastic working relationships with your core leadership team consisting of you, a scrum master and product owner.
- Learn and understand our business and comfortably communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand the team’s technology decisions, and work to enforce best practices for software development.
- Be ready and willing to fail, learn from it, and make it safe for your engineers to do the same.
What you bring to the table:
- You have at least 3 years of leadership experience managing a technical team.
- You have experience as a technical contributor or working closely with technical contributors on an engineering team.
- You are comfortable managing and communicating with a semi-remote team comprised of both Denver-local and remote engineers across the continental U.S.
- You are passionate about hiring exceptional full-stack engineering talent.
- You have experience with agile software development methodologies. Bonus points if you are a Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- Bonus points if you have familiarity with building a high-availability B2B SaaS platform.
- Bonus points if you have worked in a tech startup and have familiarity with lean startup concepts.
Our engineers operate under a “full stack awareness, partial stack specialization” mindset. Your team is going to be using cutting edge technology to accelerate themselves, technologies like GraphQL, TypeScript, and Python drive our business -- this tech should interest you!
Why you want to work for CyberGRX:
- We offer a competitive base salary (commensurate with experience) plus incentive compensation.
- We have an incredible benefits package including:
- 100% Company paid medical/dental/vision for employees & generous company contribution for dependent health benefits
- 401(k) program, including employer match up to 3% of your base salary
- $100/month stipend to use for wellness and WFH expenses
- Equity – Acting like an owner is one of our Core Values
- Remote Friendly Work Environment
- Open Time Off policy - Take the time you need when you need it.
- We are doing new and exciting things and have big plans for growth!
Annual Base Salary Range: $165,000 - $190,000
Annual Bonus Potential: 10% of your base salary
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not have the exact skillset. We believe in cultivating an environment where there is a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
CyberGRX does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
*CyberGRX requires employees working in the office and attending in-person company events to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.