As a Vertafore Development Manager, you will be instrumental in the ongoing success of the top Connectivity products within the insurance industry. Join our Vertafore team and solve some of the most complex technical challenges in our well-established product by creating a system ready for future growth & advancing technologies. The Software Development Manager will lead the product development team by setting strategic technical direction to achieve the product vision through active mentoring, technical decision-making and facilitating company-wide collaboration.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· You will be a leader, helping to establish standards, drive architecture and engineering practices
· Supports the growth and development of employees; coaches and mentors team
· Leads team members to ensure that results are delivered on time and with high quality; negotiates scope, architectural decisions with stakeholders across Vertafore to identify win-win solutions
· Sets clear expectations and goals with employees; ensures they are aligned with department and organizational goals
· You will translate business needs into workable technology solutions; decomposing complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions
· Advocates across functions and groups for solutions that improve long-term product health and sustainability
· Takes personal responsibility for resolving problematic gaps in technical requirements, specifically those with the potential to increase cost and risk
· Promote an environment that brings creativity to the workplace, retaining & growing our talent
· You are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and are able to work effectively with team members and clients to deliver software solutions.
· You have a positive attitude, team player with a desire to impact change, accountable for your job responsibilities, dedicated to meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and drives for results.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Five or more years of experience in software development environment developing web applications, you have written code, and delivered systems well
· Three or more years as manager or team lead with a demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring.
· Experience with web client-side technologies (i.e., HTML, XML).
· Established background in developing customer-facing products, features and services in a SaaS environment
· Experience with Microservices Architecture a plus
· Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus
· Experience in security best practices for software
· Knowledge in engineering best practices – current & evolving
· Solid communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) and strong interpersonal skills
· Exceptional leadership abilities, with desire to lead by example
· An ability to translate customer insights into technical solutions
· Insurance knowledge a plus