Manager Development at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Job Search Software Development Manager to lead DHI’s Job Search software engineering team. This team is responsible for implementing and maintaining the core job search and match services and related UI for DHI. We are constantly seeking out innovative ways to solve the difficult engineering problems across DHI brands. We predominantly work in a hybrid stack including C#, Java, Angular, Python and ElasticSearch. We are believers in using the right tool for the job and are always open to alternative technologies where it makes sense. We have embraced AWS so experience building cloud-ready services is needed. You should have experience managing a diverse and talented software engineering team with a focus on search.
· Lead application design, development, automated testing, performance analysis, and deployment efforts of your team
· Perform code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code
· Collaborate with team to develop consistent and clear API specifications
· Help set the engineering direction of the product
· Communicate project status to team members and business users
· Work with Product Management to understand and solve business issues
· Direct reports on the job search engineering team including software engineers, QA automation engineers and front end engineers
· Mentor and coach engineering team to improve process and technical capability
What are we requiring for this role?
· Understanding of Microservices Architecture
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Effective time management skills.
· The ability to work in a team atmosphere.
· Demonstrable open-source work and contributions preferred
· You take pride in being a true software craftsman and have a passion for technology
· Extensive experience building RESTful Web API’s and integration systems with C# and/or Java
· Experience with AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy) preferred
· Experience with search technologies including ElasticSearch, SOLR and Lucene desired including setup, configuration, relevance tuning
· Experience with Angular or Front-end frameworks a plus
· Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Automated Testing, etc) preferred
· Experience with infrastructure tools such as Docker, Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet a plus
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field
· 5 or more years’ experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying distributed software application systems in a consumer facing environment
· 2-4 years as a technical lead or architect
· 2+ years as a Development Manager
· Experience developing and leading teams within an Agile environment preferred
What do we prefer for this role?
How do you apply?
Click here to provide your resume or curriculum vitae and answer a few questions—which will only take you a few minutes!