Managed Services Optimization Team - Cloud Engineer at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Managed Services group is leading the charge at FIS to provide our customers with fully managed IT services for financial and insurance systems, reducing their operation and maintenance costs and freeing them to do what they do best in many exciting industries around the world.
What you will be doing:
- You want to collaborate with a multi-talented, forward-thinking, cross-functional global team whose guiding principles are innovation and excellence. With the backing of one of the world's leading multinational technology companies, you will enjoy the freedom to experiment, create and grow.
- As part of the Managed Services Cloud team, you will be responsible for reviewing application performance as well as machine type selection, disk configuration and worker groups to better facilitate our Insurance applications across our global customer base and gain vast exposure to various technologies and best practices.
- You will create automated frameworks for monitoring environment performance and for gathering metrics for reporting performance for internal and external customers.
- You will also gain an understanding of our highly customized technical implementations that run on public cloud infrastructure. This will enable you to better optimize our solutions to ensure we're providing the best customer experience possible and we're meeting both product and SLA requirement.
- In addition, you'll gain exposure to both AWS and Microsoft Azure providers and provide some focus on proactive system health checks.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Reviewing application performance and making recommendations to reduce cloud related configuration
- Create reusable, automated scripts to monitor performance and gather environment metrics
- Conduct Proactive health checks to ensure we're operating at an appropriate level
- Build, review and provide analytical feedback on cloud-based configurations
- Review and look for more effective and efficient ways to deliver our service to customers
- Documentation on customer installations and action plans
- Knowledge of WINTEL servers.
- Knowledge of AWS and its consoles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and its consoles
- Strong PowerShell skills and scripting languages and tools
- Good understanding of cloud storage, machine types and other tools and services
- Experience with monitoring solutions
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of Citrix or other terminal services.
- Knowledge of Nagios.
- Knowledge of IP Based networks.
- An understand of orchestration and automation mechanisms
- Knowledge of Terraform
- Knowledge of Ansible or other automated deployment technologies
- Microsoft based training.
- Technical accreditations.
- ITIL V3 foundation level or higher.
- Ambition to learn
What we offer you:
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.