Loads Engineer at Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft aeroelasticity principles and concepts.
- Experience with static loads analysis and dynamics loads analysis for ground and flight for a FAR Part 25 aircraft.
- Knowledge and experience with CFD and wind tunnel testing aerodynamic database development to support loads analysis.
- Experience in aircraft aeroelasticity and structural dynamics modeling as well as engine fan blade out and windmilling dynamic analysis.
- Creating and reviewing engineering and certification reports for completed analysis and findings.
- Experience with interaction of systems structures compliance.
- Support L&D customer interfaces within Engineering and Flight Test organization.
- Experience with flights loads survey and supporting flight test.
- Proficient in Nastran.
- Must have FAR Part 25 aircraft experience.
- Matlab and Python experience.
- Experience developing aeroelastic analysis process.
- Familiarity with fly by wire control systems.
- An undergraduate engineering degree is required.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $120,000-$185,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.