Level II Software Engineer (Bot Developer)
- Languages: Python, .Net, Go
- Tools: Git/Github, Postgres, Redis, AWS, Terraform, Serverless, Docker
- Operating systems: Linux/Docker
- Salary: 50k - 90k DOE
Our team is currently seeking a Level II Software Engineer who will be responsible for collaborative design and implementation of a distributed, real-time application. This person is expected to have an advanced understanding of object-oriented software engineering, large scale software architecture as well as the ability to implement software solutions based off of user requirements without accruing large amounts of technical debt.
We are looking for an intelligent professional who:
- Is a self directed continuous learner.
- Writes clean, precise and minimal code.
- Prioritizes quality over style or novelty.
- Seeks practical solutions to real problems.
- Has a strong grasp on software engineering & architecture fundamentals.
- Values the opportunity to work with many different tools/languages.
- Enjoys having a genuine and complete understanding of the tools of the trade.
- Can exercise creativity to find innovative ways to meet business requirements.
- Who likes working in teams on shared projects as well as on their own on independent tasks.
- Wants to work in eSports and online communities, because it's the most interesting thing going on.
... and has experience with:
- Solid Database Principles
- Web Application architecture and design.
- Domain Driven Design or Hexagonal Architecture
- Software engineering practices (Software life-cycle)
- Deployment and monitoring of large scale distributed applications
- Advanced OO concepts, use of Design Patterns and common Refactoring Practices
- >+4 Years programming experience with web/real-time applications.
- >+2 Years programming experience with websockets.
- Maintenance of existing legacy applications
- Fixing bugs
- New feature development Deployment and monitoring
- Requirements gathering and analysis
- New feature design and implementation
- Participation in architecture, design and code reviews
- Creation and maintenance of design documentation and use cases
- Continuous learning and mastery of selected techniques and technologies
- Tier 3 support of the application stack
The immediate requirement for this position will be the development and maintenance of our existing products. Expect having to sort through large, existing code bases, API documentation and design documents. A good candidate will be able to build a high level knowledge of the system simply by reading and asking questions. The position also includes regular requirements gathering, making abstractions, designing solutions and expressing those solutions in a clear and concise manner for review and approval. Sometimes the requirements aren't clear, imagination and clear communication skills are a must.
We're out to find the best, and our interview process reflects our ambition. In the interests of being transparent (we want you to know what you will be in for) the interview will occur over three phases:
- A phone screening (30-60 minutes)
- A ~4 hour programming exercise where you will be asked to solve a problem and turn in your work (to be done at your leisure days, nights or weekends)
- A 2 hour in person interview with the Engineering Lead/Architect and our team. If all goes well (and we hope it does) you will hearing from us soon.