Description / Overview
This role is part of the Engineering team and you will have a significant role in influencing the product direction. This role will have responsibility for product architecture, design decisions, and ensuring a production-ready code. This person will work closely with the support team, the rest of the engineering team across the world, and our customers.
This is an opportunity to join a company that is playing in a growing market segment. We are a polyglot engineering organization and we use Google Cloud, GKE, Google Pub/Sub, ML engine, Java, Go, Python, Node JS. We use React extensively on the front-end.
Location is Boulder, Colorado, or remote for highly qualified candidates.
Life @ ManagedMethods
ManagedMethods is a well-funded cybersecurity startup lead by growth-minded startup veterans. Located in downtown Boulder, Colorado, we are a small but mighty (and growing) team and are looking for passionate, curious, and hard-working team players.
At ManagedMethods, you'll experience a group of individuals who take their work seriously but take themselves lightly. We get a lot of work done around here, but also know how to tell (and take) a joke, laugh, and enjoy being around the people we work with.
We're building and selling a great product that our customers love! In just about a year, we've signed on over 70 customers, securing over 1,000,000 cloud application user accounts, at a virtually 0% customer churn rate.
This is a great time to get involved in the early stages with a fantastic company that treats employees and customers like family. All ManagedMethods employees own equity shares in the company and you will, too!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ManagedMethods is looking for someone who is excited to work in a fast-paced, high growth company, and the opportunity to build an outstanding cloud security product. We value work/life balance and provide a beautiful working environment in a great location in downtown Boulder.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversight of product architecture and design
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team on common services
- Lead an effort to migrate part of the product using traditional Java to cloud-native
- Diagnose customer and support related problems in the service and fix them
- Help identify tech debt and escalate it to the right feature owners to fix them
- Work on assigned feature development
- Optimize the performance and scalability of the SaaS service
- Learn and become an expert on Google Cloud Platform and associated services
- Attend level 2 support calls as needed and sales escalation calls
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 6 years of software development experience in Java Spring Framework
- Experience with Springboot and Springcloud
- Must know Cloud-native principles and basics of Kubernetes and serverless
- Experience with SQL and query optimization
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of security protocols like OAuth
- Java Performance analysis
- Understanding of complex web applications including backend and databases
- Experience building analytical graphs