Lead, Software Engineer at Healthgrades
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Lead, Software Engineer, you will be a key contributor and decision maker for components of the Healthgrades.com website.
In your role, you will work with both front-end and back-end web developers to build client-side logic, as well as the development, integration and enhancement of multiple web services. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure, taking an active role on both sides, and defining how the application looks and functions. Join us as we change the game!
What you will do:
- Oversee, manage, and contribute to complex software development projects for Healthgrades.com including planning, designing and resource allocation
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, scalability and SEO while also building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of product roadmaps, identify project risks and develop recommendations for issues
- Communicate project plans, status updates, milestones and deliverables to all stakeholders and team members
- Provide mentorship and code reviews for team members
- Contribute your own well-written code and technical documentation
- Work with other engineering team leads on delivery standards and driving division-wide engineering initiatives
- Work with the technologies we use including ES2017 (through Babel), Node.js, .NET Core, AWS services (incl. SQS, SNS, SES, EC2, RDS, CloudFront), React, Redux, Webpack, LESS, JEST, GitLab, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, and more.
What you will bring:
- Previous lead or mentor experience including managing and supporting other engineers, facilitating planning, setting priorities, driving deliverables and influencing others
- 6+ years building/supporting web applications
- Experience with developing for and deploying to AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, or similar
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with React.JS developing and supporting consumer-facing web applications
- Understanding of front-end architectures such as MVC, MVVM, Flux, including experience with Redux and React Hooks.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling using Promises or RxJs,
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Webpack, Grunt and Gulp.js
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Experience with CSS utilities and frameworks such as Less, Sass, Bootstrap
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right healthcare decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, fast paced culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- partnering with local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!