Lead Software Engineer
Greater Denver Area
Lead Software Engineer
OrthoFi is a Denver-based startup that focuses on building software and service solutions designed to stimulate growth and streamline financial processes for orthodontic practices through rigorous analytics and cutting edge technology. We pride ourselves in our culture as a people-first organization, demonstrated through recent achievements of being ranked in Built in Colorado’s list of Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado and recognized on Inc. 5000’s Best Places to Work. We were also recognized by the Denver Business Journal as one of Denver’s fastest growing companies and ranked 164th on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the US!
We are looking for a talented, hands-on engineer to lead us in building innovative and scalable software solutions alongside an Agile team responsible for the Billing and Finance sections of the product. The right person will have a passion for demonstrating ownership in designing and solving for complex problems and doing so with an autonomous, collaborative team focused on fast-paced delivery using rapid, continuous development methods.
What You Will Do:
- Excel in delivering solutions of high-quality code that aligns accordingly in delivery against the business objectives
- Drive technical solutions to strategic initiatives, taking complex requests as inputs and architecting them into simple solutions
- Providing leadership and guidance for the different Agile teams within the organization on best practices and approach.
- Act as a mentor and great teammate for other engineers on the team; fostering and supporting a culture of innovation and excellence within the engineering organization
- Work in cross-functional, agile teams; being a voice for the engineering team as a whole in influencing larger development strategies
- Drive standards on code quality, reliability, scalability, and performance
- Design and implement backend and frontend components and services
- Not afraid to evaluate new technologies, build prototypes, and learn through risk-averse use in order to achieve continuous improvements
- Will work within a fast-paced, results-oriented environment using a scaled agile workflow
What You Will Bring:
- Familiarity with CI/CD, Lamba, Redis, ElasticSearch, NoSQL as a plus
- Comfortable working with cloud-based architecture, including AWS and/or Azure
- 2+ years in leading a software delivery team
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Familiarity w/ Test Automation tools and frameworks; XUnit, Selenium, Cypress JS, Jasmine, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker or any other containerization product, along with microservices architecture
- Familiarity w/ Open Source use and sound decision making practices for adoption
- A highly effective collaborator that thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges
- Self Driven; take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to drive solutions
- Thrives in their ability to solve complex challenges
OrthoFi is revolutionizing the orthodontic industry with software solutions that give doctors the capability to start more patients and to offload time consuming front-office processes. Our patent-pending solution puts patients in control of their payment plans and makes costly treatments affordable to almost everyone. Founded by a dynamic combination of medical professionals, Wall Street veterans, and Fortune 500 executives, OrthoFi is revenue positive and poised to experience hyper-growth over the next five years.
In the OrthoFi community, members are valued for who they are, supported no matter where they are, and motivated to excel personally and professionally. People who join our community are self-starters and love a challenge! We’re looking for passion-driven, dynamic individuals that are excited about a fast-paced and fun environment. Our team enjoys the opportunity to impact people’s lives and help to create more smiles every day.
- Awesome and supportive culture
- Company breakfast once a month
- Monthly team building activities
- Company and team outings
- Meditation sessions and wellness initiatives
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Casual dress atmosphere
- Snacks and coffee
Read Full Job Description