Lead Software Engineer
Greater Denver Area
GoSpotCheck is 150 of the best and brightest minds in Denver, who all share a common goal: Empower our customers to execute in the field faster, and ultimately, ‘win the ground game!’ GoSpotCheck provides mobile form and execution management software that enables team leaders to improve workforce operations. Organizations can assign tasks to their field teams, analyze real-time reporting data, and drive action to accomplish critical business goals and objectives. Our customers complete 650,000 tasks each day in over 70 countries and include market leaders like Pepsico, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Dannon, Under Armour and more.
At GoSpotCheck, we pride ourselves in being innovative, problem-solvers. Collectively, we are a group of dog-lovers, philanthropists, creative thinkers, goofballs, world travelers, and more. Our values include Go to Bed Smarter, Own It, and Do Great Work. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
What You’ll Do
- As a Lead Engineer on our core web application team, you’ll be responsible for the team delivery of projects, features and user stories on our most complex and business-critical application. You’ll play the role of Engineer, Architect and Manager. You’ll get your hands dirty when you need to, but will always prioritize empowerment of the team through your mentoring, coaching or just removing impediments.
What We’ll Achieve
- We’ll launch well-engineered web app solutions, on time, that empower our customers to do great work!
- We’ll never wonder why we are building something thanks to you ability to collaborate with the Product Managers and translate customer needs to your team.
- We’ll minimize technical, business and quality risks through collaboration and thoughtful redesign.
- We’ll not only build high quality architectures on the core web app team, but across teams as we share best practices to achieve shared goals.
- We’ll great teams of engineers thanks to your ability to develop employees, build great culture and attract great talent.
Who You are
- You have 8 years of software engineering experience, with at least 3 years in a management role.
- You’re able to manage high-performing teams that deliver full feature sets from start to finish, correctly and on time without getting lost down rabbit holes.
- You always err on the side of over communicating to your team!You have broad experience with several languages, frameworks and programming paradigms, and believe in using the technology and paradigms that produce the best results.
- You understand how to break down large codebases into microservices without creating a distributed monolith.
- You believe in fostering a great culture, and don’t shy away from directly addressing behaviors that aren’t beneficial to the greater team.
- You may rarely need help, but still seek out and value collaboration to validate ideas or triangulate best solutions to hard problems.
- You believe in the benefits of test driven design.
- You have a strong sense of empathy for the customer experience - reliability and quality are all extremely important to you.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- You never pass up a training opportunity with your employees, and have an ability to deliver feedback that always hits the mark.
- You know how to compose and deliver meaningful performance reviews that motivate your employees paint a clear roadmap for professional growth.
- Recruiting is something that always lives at the forefront of your mind - You never pass up the opportunity to grab coffee with a great candidate!
- You have preferably completed a bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with intelligent and motivated people who share our common values. We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that allows people to be themselves, grow professionally, and enjoy a laundry list of work perks! We are proud category winners of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, the 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018, and BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado, 2019.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description