Lead Software Engineer, Front End
Who are we?
We are Documoto, a Denver-based software company with a vision to help equipment manufacturers, their network, and their equipment owners “Keep the World’s Machines Working”. It’s a big vision for a huge market.
Our flagship product is an industry-leading SaaS solution that helps our customers drive real innovation in their aftermarket. With Documoto, our customers can author parts catalogs and related technical content, securely distribute that content over the web to any device in a variety of languages and find and order the rights parts and products the first time, every time. Our customers are found throughout the globe and range from small manufacturers to some of the world’s largest machinery companies and transit organizations.
Why join Documoto?
We’re a venture-backed early stage growth company that has recently undergone a financial and operational transformation to position us for significant growth. We provide a unique combination of a real, viable business – a proven business model and market, a passionate and talented core team, stable financials, and happy, paying customers – with the execution model, equity structure, and growth opportunities of a startup.
We’re now ready for our next chapter. We’ve learned a lot over the past several years working with the world’s leading equipment manufacturers and fleet owners. We’ve taken that knowledge and distilled it into a plan to build the most transformative and advanced aftermarket solution in the industry. With our house in order and a clear vision of where we want to go, all we need is you! We’re looking for some great people that share our passion and want to work alongside us to make it happen.
We’re in Englewood, CO, south of downtown Denver. We are steps away from light rail and bus service, in Englewood’s City Center. Excellent benefits include flexible work hours, work from home, health, medical, disability, discounted gym membership, and flexible PTO to accommodate a great work life-balance. We’re dog friendly, we have regular game lunches, monthly happy hours, and we see the occasional movie or concert together.
What are we looking for?
Title: Lead Software Engineer, Front End
Compensation: $115k-$150K plus equity, commensurate with experience
Reports To: CTO
We are looking for an experienced front-end or full-stack engineer to support and maintain our existing technology stack plus architect, design and code the front-end of our new B2B SaaS solution using both new and proven technologies. This role will also include some supervisory and mentorship duties. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to write top-notch code in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
Who are you?
You understand that while you’re deeply passionate about technology, technology without business results is worthless. You have an obsessive customer focus and know that it is important to get to market quickly, experiment, learn, adapt and iterate. You really understand what it means to deliver an MVP product and to provide a top-notch user experience. You have pride in your work and instill that pride in your team.
Importantly, you exemplify our core principles of transparency, honesty, clarity, accountability, and safety.
Documoto welcomes candidates looking to relocate to Colorado.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Lead the architecture, design, and development of the front-end components for our next-generation B2B SaaS solution.
- Maintain and expand our current product suite as needed.
- Work closely with designers, architects and back-end developers to provide a well-structured solution.
- Balance technical and business goals to identify and select our front-end technology stack.
- Work closely with our Product, Sales and Services teams to ensure we’re building the right product for the right customers.
- Contribute to the open source community as we incorporate those solutions into our technology stack.
- Supervise and mentor junior engineers as our team grows.
- Perform various Agile roles as needed.
- Stay abreast of technology trends.
- Represent Documoto in the local engineering community.
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise-scale database-driven applications, ideally in SaaS.
- Some experience as a front-end lead or supervisor.
- Must be detail oriented, outcome focused, data informed, and analytical.
- Experience in manufacturing, eCommerce, ERP, or mechanical engineering is a big plus.
- Formal experience or education in usability or UI/UX is a big plus.
- Solid understanding of web application architecture, SPA vs. non-SPA architecture, object-oriented software, and design patterns.
- Experience with CSS frameworks such as Bulma or Bootstrap.
- 3+ years using RESTful APIs to build data-driven web applications.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and relational databases, i.e. MySQL, Oracle, or equivalent.
- Experience developing on Linux/Unix or Mac environments, including shell scripts.
- Experience with unit testing, automated testing, code reviews.
- Solid experience in enterprise software development practices: Agile; tools for issue tracking and code repos; builds, CI & CD; feature flagging.
- Experience with any of the following is a big plus:
- Understanding of SVG files and other vector-based image formats
- Mobile application development
- JVM languages such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, or Groovy
- NoSQL databases
- Adobe Flex
- Solr or Elasticsearch
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior management as well as business stakeholders.
- Well organized.
- Strong ability to resolve conflicts constructively; a great attitude.
If you’re a full stack developer, and our technology stack aligns with your background, we encourage you to apply!