Lead Software Development Engineer at CSG
CSG’s FSM Engineering Team is currently hiring a Software Development Engineer Lead to design, develop, implement and support solutions in a Production environment. This team is committed to continuous improvement in how software is developed and it hires like-minded individuals that thrive in such an environment.
Ideal candidates will have a passion and dedication to developing high quality applications and solutions in a DevOps culture employing agile development practices. As a software development engineer, you will be playing a critical role in building business-critical software solutions to the delight of our end-customers. You will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to and with a team of people including other talented development engineers, operational engineers, test engineers, DBAs, product owners, and scrum masters. If you are an experienced software development engineer and are looking to challenge yourself to grow and to contribute significantly to advance a leading FSM solution, CSG is the place for you.
• Design, develop, test, implement, and support reliable, performant, and scalable software solutions with a strong focus on the customer and delivering business value.
• Actively participate in a self-organized agile development team to prioritize and manage a large workload of development, maintenance, and support activity, and to continuously deliver high-quality results in an iterative fashion.
• Perform troubleshooting and resolve application issues working with client support and operations partners as necessary – sometimes in non-business hours.
• Provide technical expertise and direction for development team members and external contacts.
• Mentor team members enabling their technical development and product knowledge growth.
• Adhere to CSG and team policies and practices of secure development, code management, change management, and incident management.
• Learn and adapt to new technologies as necessary.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 10+ years of experience in software development
• Experienced in large scale application development/architecture
• Strong communication skills as a member of a development team, ensuring understanding of both verbal and written material.
Additional Skills and Experiences bringing value to the team:
• Professional experience building and deploying code in AWS
• Work experience with relational databases (preferably Oracle and/or Postgres)
• Experience working in agile development methodologies.
• Experience working in a DevOps culture with focus on continuous integration, test automation, automated deployments, and monitoring/alerting telemetry on our systems