All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
Our SDETs are integral members of the JumpCloud’s Platform team. We enable the engineers on the feature team to create test automation, driving quality into every release. We build, improve and maintain the test automation infrastructure, ensuring JumpCloud engineering can scale. You'll provide testing methodologies, best practices, and thought leadership as we deliver software for our growing customer base world-wide.
Skills and attributes we’d like you to have: You like to write code, are passionate about quality and think about the ROI of automating tests. Knowing how everything works from top to bottom, how the pieces fit together, and how the system works is a passion.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and maintain test automation frameworks, using the best tools available
- Work closely with the QA engineers to develop the effective test strategies
- Communicate and collaborate within the engineering feature teams to develop test automation processes and plans
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable tests to validate complex features
- Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects
- Creating tools or automated processes to aid in feature development
- Building BDD test automation frameworks for a variety of JumpCloud applications
- Working with feature teams to promote “test automation first” mindset
- Producing documentation and training QA engineers on how to write, debug, and maintain test cases using the test framework
- 5+ years of professional programming experience with a strong quality and development background
- Coding skills in Python. Our framework is in Python, and you'll help to extend it
- Experience developing complex test automation software, scripts and/or automation frameworks and a proven track record of contributing to and maintaining high quality standards
- Understanding of the cloud computing and CI/CD processes is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role is $127,000-$182,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. All of our roles are remote. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description