Lead Security Engineer at Greenhouse Software (Greater Denver Area, CO)
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Lead Security Engineer to join our team!
Security at Greenhouse is important to our success and for building & maintaining customer trust. From influencing how we write our software, deploy our infrastructure, and make architecture decisions, security is a major focus, and we want to make our program more robust.
The Lead Security Engineer will contribute to the growth of our security program and partner with our software engineers on improving security practices and our agile SDLC. They will work alongside the rest of the security team to be hands-on in designing and developing tools to automate the detection of security issues.Who will love this job
- A security enthusiast – you keep up with the latest security research and have a love for finding security issues in cutting edge technology across various security subject areas
- A problem solver – you can take on difficult security problems while still balancing good usability and mitigating security risk
- A doer – you get things done with attention to detail and are excited to improve on the status quo
- A people person – you thrive when collaborating with others and are eager to contribute across the organization
- Develop security tooling to detect security issues and misconfigurations
- Design frameworks and controls to secure a fast-paced delivery environment and growing architecture
- Security testing and source code review of new application features and network services
- Secure modern technology stacks that include Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, and custom CI/CD tooling
- Participate and lead in security architecture decisions and threat modeling discussions that impact our product and cloud infrastructure
- Automate alerting, vulnerability triaging, patching, and many other security processes
- Help in hardening and protecting a fleet of OSX and Linux workstations across in a distributed working environment
- Experience security testing web applications and reviewing source code
- Deep understanding of web security fundamentals
- Experience with securing Amazon Web Services environments
- Understanding of Linux fundamentals, specifically around networking and security
- Knowledgeable with industry-standard authentication protocols such SAML SSO, OpenID and OAuth2
- Proficiency in at least one programming language and capable of quickly picking up new languages
- Comfortable in explaining security risks and concepts to developers or less technical audiences
- Your unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The ranges provided below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay Range: $173,000 to $235,000
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer 25 days' vacation and a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page.
**Due to COVID-19, all Greenhouse employees are working remotely until further notice.**