Lead QA Engineer at SALT
About the Company
SALT is the pioneer of crypto-backed lending and offers crypto-focused financial services for individuals and businesses. Our mission is to build products that increase access to financial opportunities and give people more control over their ability to generate wealth long term. Committed to fostering adoption of blockchain technology, we’re working to bridge cryptocurrency with traditional finance. With an emphasis on security and customer service, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for crypto holders, businesses, banks, and governments across the globe to participate in the blockchain economy. SALT operates a blockchain-based platform that facilitates the issuance of consumer and commercial asset-backed loans secured with cryptocurrency and provides asset management services. The platform is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Salt Blockchain Inc. SALT is a remote first organization with a dynamic workforce. For more information, please visit saltlending.com. We are passionate about what we do and seek others that are excited to be in this cutting-edge space!
About the Position
SALT is looking for a Lead QA Engineer to manage our growing 2 person test team with a focus on moving towards automation. We are rapidly expanding our engineering organization and this is a great opportunity to join an early stage company and build out processes and best practices for the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead testing and integration across Salt’s technologies and platform;
- Review and develop automated test code to assure adherence to standards and to advise on optimization;
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving & root-cause analysis skills;
- Facilitate and drive the QA process for engineering while remaining flexible to individual team needs;
- Good collaboration, negotiation & conflict resolution skills;
- Interact with engineering teams to help implement optimized and re-usable functional test automation;
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of process effectiveness and efficiency;
- Lead and Manage a team of QA Engineers;
- Leads, acknowledges, develops, communicates & implements a strategy to ensure compliance;
- Provide leadership, technical expertise, and career development for individual QA contributors;
- Experience performing internal audits and participating in external audits;
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve our quality and testing approach.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively as part of a team;
- You have a BS in Computer Science or another technical major with a minimum of 5 years of software QA experience;
- Accountability to accomplish Sprint goals and objectives;
- Understand business/finance needs, and have the ability to apply business value to test efforts;
- Provide regular updates on sprint-based test plans and automation test runs;
- Knowledge and experience with QA tools and networking tools;
- Experience translating business and functional requirements to create appropriate test documentation (i.e. scripts, user stories, test plans, etc.);
- Demonstrable ability to promote best practices in quality areas, including testability and instrumentation;
- 3+ years of experience writing or executing automated test cases;
- Experience in designing and building automation frameworks and/or tools
- Experience testing REST based API’s in microservices based software
- Experience in UI automation and API automation
- Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies;
- Passion for software quality and for advancing testing as an engineering discipline.
What’s in it for you:
- Work Remotely: no commute/traffic, enjoy more flexibility and improved work/life balance, live where you want anywhere within the U.S. and work where you want - comfort of your home, favorite coffee shop, the beautiful outdoors - you pick!
- Health Insurance & Benefits: medical, dental and vision health insurance with options for the company to pay 100% of the monthly premiums for employees and all their eligible dependents, health care and dependent care flexible spending account options, virtual health options, robust 24/7 employee assistance program, and company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off: 12 company paid holidays and unlimited paid time off - work hard / play hard!
- Retirement Savings: 401(k) with company match
- Company Equity: receive grant of company stock options - build and share in our success!
- Perks & Recognition Program: monthly allowance to spend on gift cards, Visa/Mastercard prepaid cards, donation to charities, use to recognize / gift to others, and more!
- Remote Work Benefits: monthly stipend to use towards home internet, cell phone, and work supplies expenses. A generous payment to use towards your home office set up, in addition to a company-provided tech package - laptop, mouse, keyboard.
- Matching Gifts Program: company match of your charitable contributions - we support the causes important to you.
- Great Culture: partner with an engaged, collaborative team and enjoy our informal culture and fun virtual events.