Lead Project Engineer at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Lead Project Engineer who will be responsible for interfacing and collaborating between the project engineer team and all other AMP teams, concentrating heavily on the project management team, which reports under the operations department. The Lead Project Engineer’s objective is to identify and internally communicate the correct technical application relating to the physical space constraints of the installation of AMP Robotics products and services.
As our Lead Project Engineer, you will work to:
- Collaborate with the project management and project engineering team in the documentation of the project engineering process and provide continuous improvement to the process as the company grows and evolves.
- Collaborate with project management to help identify, create, and implement technical training to the project engineering team.
- Oversee a multi-discipline team to meet cost, schedule, and technical requirements for assigned projects.
- Directs, guides, and coaches project engineers to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Develop scalable recycling facility designs using 3D CAD software.
- Create detailed designs, drawings and specifications for recycling equipment.
- Support the sales team with technical expertise for installation and use of AMP equipment.
- Plan and modify project layout configurations to meet customer needs.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Provide resourceful options needed for the layouts of custom-made machinery and systems.
- This is a leadership role with strong mentorship expectations. No direct reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or an equivalent combination of technical experience and work experience.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in an industrial environment.
- Solidworks software or equivalent experience (4,000+ Hours / 2 Years).
- Parametric modeling software experience (500+ Hours).
- Experience in creating, implementing, and/or improving processes.
- Highly organized and multi-project navigator.
- 2 years of technical experience with industrial equipment manufacturing.
- Experience in surveying, estimating, or reverse engineering.
- Experience in the recycling industry.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing, leading, and directing the work of others.
- Experience in a fast-paced and constant growth environment.
- Knowledge of Safety components including E-stops, Safety PLC and Hazard Indicators.
- Solidworks proficiency and AutoCAD familiarity.
- Proven track record of component design in recycling or mining industry.
- Experience with balers, conveyor belts, reducer, compactors, chute design and other industry specific equipment.
- Experience leading and building teams of engineers.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, some survey may be required, and will require the employee to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this task include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
- 2770 Industrial Lane, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Up to 20%.
- Please note: this role requires travel, and COVID vaccination is required for all roles at AMP that require travel.
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & compensation information: $90,000 - $125,000 depending on experience.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).