We’re looking for an experienced staff engineer to join FORM’s communications platform team. We have the best-in-class communication platform for frontline workers, and we want you to help lead our team! You’ll help guide the next generation of our communications platform. You’ll be working in Python in the backend and React Native / React Native Web for our front end application. You’ll play a key role in fleshing out the roadmap for the next 12 - 18 months as we continue to enhance the application and start to integrate with the other native applications we ship at FORM.
What You'll Do
- Shape the road map of our communication application and feature set.
- Help deliver a standalone application while turning the individual components into an SDK that can be embedded into internal and partner applications.
- Scale our real-time platform from thousands of users to tens of thousands of users.
- Enable our customers to easily manage communication to and with their frontline workers.
- Provide actionable insights into the health of teams to our customers.
- Help guide and mentor communications platform team members around the globe.
We Might Be A Great Fit If You:
- Take into consideration the customer impact in every decision you make.
- Value collaboration. It's taught you that the best solutions are almost always the synthesis of many perspectives.
- Have 5 or more years of professional software engineering experience.
- Have 3 or more years of experience in a role of technical leadership such as a tech lead or staff engineer.
- Are comfortable working with new technologies.
- Have successfully shipped software in multiple languages, frameworks, and software ecosystems.
- Your experience has taught you how much more there is to learn, as well as when to reach for certain tools and when not to.
- Enjoy being involved in all aspects of software development.
- Enjoy working with a geographically distributed team.
- Bonus: you have real-world experience with GraphQL.
- Bonus: you’ve shipped and scaled projects in Django.
- Bonus: you’ve shipped and scaled projects in React Native.
Benefits and Perks (US)
- 100% employer-paid employee medical, dental, and vision
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Remote options; hybrid work model with offices around the globe
- Casual work environment
- Promotions from within
- The annual starting salary for this position is between $145,000-$165,000 depending on experience and other qualifications.
FORM powers the world’s 2 billion mobile workers as they change companies and industries for good, with mobile technology that improves execution from the frontline. FORM activates and connects teams in the field – with leaders, missions, and each other – so they can deliver success in the enterprise. The FORM field execution platform serves as a digital assistant for frontline teams by guiding daily tasks, streamlining data collection, facilitating real-time communication, and providing leaders with real-time intelligence to drive faster actions and better decisions. FORM offers the world’s only integrated task management and image recognition platform and enables smart audits on more display types than any solution in the market, plus industry-leading field communications and photo reporting capabilities. FORM solutions have been deployed by Fortune 500 companies around the world.
FORM OpX empowers teams to improve operational compliance by digitizing audits and inspections to reduce risk and improve safety and quality from the frontline. FORM OpX mobile workflows make it easy to capture the right data, at the right place, at the right time – every time. Teams stay connected with instant frontline communications on mobile, and real-time insights allow leaders to spot and fix issues quickly and measure trends over time so teams can take action on the opportunities that move the business forward.
FORM MarketX unleashes the power of field teams to drive market execution with the only mobile solution that combines dynamic task management, industry-leading image recognition, photo reporting, field team communications, and advanced reporting – all within one easy-to-use platform. Guide teams, improve execution, and drive sales while creating a shared view of the field that helps leaders make better decisions, faster. Sell more with FORM MarketX, the field execution app that guides, tracks, and improves performance in real-time.
Who We Are
We are innovators: We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are partners: We’re only as successful as our customers. We provide exceptional support, strategic partnership, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business will help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We build products centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
We are flexible: We believe in a "Work Your Way" Employment Policy. Employees who can effectively perform their job functions remotely may do so indefinitely.
Humble + hungry. We measure success by how we help customers win. And we've been in the game a long time (in software years). Every interaction gives us the chance to deliver better service and more value. Along the way we've picked up a few awards, and for that, we're thankful.
FORM offers competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer--welcoming all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description