Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Pazien is a wholly owned subsidiary of FIS. We are building a unified reporting and analytics platform focused on simplification and data transparency. Our work environment is very Agile and highly collaborative; we work together as a team to understand customer needs and to deliver an outstanding product. We process thousands of reporting records per second in order to build best in class experiences for many of the world's largest merchants. We are a small team, each wearing multiple hats to deliver the best product we can.
What you will be doing
Pazien is seeking to add technical leadership to our small UI team. In this role you will be expected to contribute to the architecture and technical direction (we have recently migrated to reactjs) of our single page web app, coach and mentor more junior engineers, and assume all other standard development duties.
- Provides technical leadership for the UI team
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, schedules and for documenting work and results.
- May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
VISA Sponsorship may be available in the U.S.
- Agile development experience
- 2+ years of professional front-end development experience with React
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Ability to debug API responses
- Meticulous attention to technical and visual details
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A passion for technology, user experience, and software development methodology
Leadership - You can lead a team to successful outcomes.
Impact - You take pride in making an impact on the organization. You look at problems from the perspective of the business and adapt your solutions to maximize impact.
Iterative approach - You believe in delivering frequently and constantly improving. You are not afraid to try an approach to learn quickly. You iterate rapidly and are strategic about your approach.
Versatility - In addition to having an intimate knowledge of your contributions, you also understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, etc.) and how they impact the overall product.
Deep technically - You know how to build scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our current requirements. You stay up-to-date with architectural trends yet are pragmatic about making changes and know how to back decisions up with data.
Passion - You demonstrate ownership and you ship. You pride yourself on code clarity, test coverage, deploying code cleanly, and following up to ensure it's running smoothly with automation in mind.
Team Focus - Your teammates enjoy working with you and you believe that you can achieve more on a team.
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, 401K, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.