Lead DevOps Engineer at Guild Education
Guild is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to set a vision for DevOps across Guild Engineering, lead a growing team, define common infrastructure, automate and streamline processes to increase developer velocity, and work collaboratively with other teams to deploy and operate our systems.
We deploy our code into environments such as AWS and Heroku. We use tools like Splunk, CloudFormation/Terraform, DataDog, CircleCI, and VictorOps to ensure our systems are healthy. Experience with those is a plus but familiarity with other similar tools and environments work for us! We look for engineers that build with simplicity, reliability, and reusability in mind.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Develop a vision and roadmap for reusable infrastructure and migrations as needed.
- Plan and lead efforts based on the vision and roadmap with your team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering teams on compliance and security-related efforts.
- Create and contribute to common tooling to increase developer velocity.
- Help Hire, mentor and lead other DevOps Engineers.
- Share knowledge and feedback across teams and stakeholders.
- Lead infrastructure efforts with your team and stakeholders.
In addition to working on the DevOps team, you will collaborate with engineers, PMs, and leaders including Cathy, Tom, Stafford, Jess, and Eric.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent cross-team communication skills.
- Expertise defining and building common, reusable practices across multiple teams-- logging, CI/CD, alerting and monitoring, and security.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, AWS experience is a plus!
- Expertise with Infrastructure as code (ex: CloudFormation, terraform, ansible ), continuous integration and deployment tools (ex: CircleCI, Jenkins), and modern source control (Git / Github).
- A passion for improving developer productivity through automation.
- Demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies.
- Willingness to embrace change and work within a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for higher education and our mission.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.