Lead DevOps Engineer at OrthoFi
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:51 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Lead DevOps Engineer
OrthoFi is a Denver-based startup that focuses on building software and service solutions designed to stimulate growth and streamline financial processes for orthodontist practices through rigorous analytics and cutting edge technology. We pride ourselves in our culture as a people-first organization, demonstrated through recent achievements of being ranked in Built in Colorado’s list of Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado and recognized on Inc. 5000’s Best Places to Work. We were also recognized by the Denver Business Journal as one of Denver’s fastest growing companies and ranked 164th on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the US!
We are looking for a talented DevOps engineer to lead us in fostering a mantra of DevOps as a culture across a multi team Agile Scrum organization. The right person will act as the centralized support system for site reliability, cloud architecture, security, infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines, test automation, and alerting/monitoring strategies.
What You Will Do:
- Live by our company core values; Own It, Obsess Over the Customer, Direct and Timely Feedback, Embrace the Change, Team First, Get Better Everyday
- Take ownership of and responsibility for our Cloud Architecture, ensuring our applications are hosted in a scalable and cost-efficient manner.
- Help to build a strong sense of DevOps as a culture, providing leadership and guidance for the different Agile teams within the organization on best practices and approach.
- Work with scrum teams to build and deliver software releases and infrastructure improvements through improved CI/CD processes. Identify opportunities to increase engineering throughput by eliminating friction of getting code to production with high quality.
- Aspiring for routine automation of every repeatable task, driving towards a world of infrastructure as code.
- Play a key role in roadmap ownership to move forward topics of infrastructure reliability, scalability, and developer productivity. Actively drive concepts and participation in Chapter discussions in order to move the ball forward.
- Define and implement best practices to drive high-availability, security, and highly performant core infrastructure. Provide ownership of key metrics around uptime and page performance.
- Own the cost management of the production/test infrastructure and continue to aspire for lean and efficient use of resources.
- Instrument the infrastructure with frameworks that can be appropriately adopted for logging, monitoring, and alerting.
- Work with teams across the company to troubleshoot/determine a resolution for complex issues.
What You Will Bring:
- 4+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent
- 4+ years supporting AWS environments
- 3+ years experience with CI/CD using Jenkins or similar build infrastructure
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Familiarity with .Net/Core, Angular7, Lamba, Redis, SQL Server, NoSQL
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- Familiarity with Test Automation tools and frameworks; XUnit, Selenium, Cypress JS, SauceLabs, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker or any other containerization product, along with microservices architecture
- Familiarity w/ Open Source use and sound decision making practices for adoption
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment using a scaled agile workflow
- A highly effective collaborator that thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- Self Driven; take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to drive solutions
- Thrives in their ability to solve complex challenges
OrthoFi is revolutionizing the orthodontic industry with software solutions that give doctors the capability to start more patients and to offload time consuming front-office processes. Our patent-pending solution puts patients in control of their payment plans and makes costly treatments affordable to almost everyone. Founded by a dynamic combination of medical professionals, Wall Street veterans, and Fortune 500 executives, OrthoFi is revenue positive and poised to experience hyper-growth over the next five years.
In the OrthoFi community, members are valued for who they are, supported no matter where they are, and motivated to excel personally and professionally. People who join our community are self-starters and love a challenge! We’re looking for passion-driven, dynamic individuals that are excited about a fast-paced and fun environment. Our team enjoys the opportunity to impact people’s lives and help to create more smiles every day.
- Awesome and supportive culture
- Company breakfast once a month
- Monthly team building activities
- Company and team outings
- Meditation sessions and wellness initiatives
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Casual dress atmosphere
- Snacks and coffee
Read Full Job Description