Lead DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Alteryx
Alteryx is searching for a Lead Devops Engineer on the Core Infrastructure team in our Ann Arbor, MI office (REMOTE is an option).
Alteryx, Inc. is the leader in self-service data analytics. Alteryx Analytics provides analysts the unique ability to easily prep, blend, and analyze all their data using a repeatable workflow, then deploy and share analytics at scale for deeper insights in hours, not weeks. Analysts love the Alteryx Analytics platform because they can connect to and cleanse data from data warehouses, cloud applications, spreadsheets, and other sources, easily join this data together, then perform analytics - predictive, statistical, and spatial - using the same intuitive user interface, without writing any code. Thousands of companies and data analysts worldwide rely on Alteryx daily.
We are seeking an experienced and versatile DevOps engineer. The ideal contributor will work with a skilled team developing and operating our services backbone infrastructure and products supporting our development and deployment requirements.
- Responsible for integration of Development, IT Operations, and Deployment
- Participate in all aspects of DevOps for all client facing Alteryx applications by working with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced, dynamic software development environment
- Responsible for assuring availability, stability and cost efficiency of all development and deployment systems
- Monitoring system diagnostics
- Continuous load and performance testing
- Partner with development teams to deliver ongoing releases using continuous integration tools (Gitlab)
- System provisioning using AWS, Azure, GCP, or VMWare
- Configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Manage revision control systems with branching and tagging (Git)
- Create and maintain build and release processes using build tools
- Interface with network, and system operations specialists to resolve problems with application/database systems
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent experience
- Experience managing applications in Amazon Web Services and familiarity with all of their offerings including EC2, S3, etc.
- 5+ years' experience as a developer/administrator
- 2+ years' experience with IaC tools like Terraform or Packer
- 2+ years' experience with configuration management like Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Knowledge of one of the following: Unix shell scripting, Powershell, Python, Go
- Prior experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Proficient working with .NET and UNIX platforms with concrete knowledge of system administration/internals
- Familiarity with archival, data retirement/retention practices in a high transaction web application environment
- Strong communication skills. Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Ann Arbor, MI is $128,700 - $218,800. Compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.