Lead Developer - Ruby on Rails
Greater Denver Area
Lead Software Developer - (Ruby on Rails)
Hotel Engine (https://www.hotelengine.com) is seeking a Ruby on Rails Lead Developer with strong abstract problem-solving abilities. In this position, you will be managing 2 to 6 developers, making architectural decisions, developing and maintaining an internal set of systems and tools, and building out integrations with third parties. Remote candidates are encouraged to apply if they can commit to relocating to Denver within four weeks after receiving an offer. This role will be performed primarily in our Denver office and we allow a couple days of remote work.
- 5+ years of Ruby on Rails or related experience required.
- Writes tests all the time.
- Has experience managing and coaching developers.
- Experience understanding and implementing OO design patterns.
- Has experience building scalable applications.
Technologies that we use:
- Ruby on Rails
- REST/SOAP APIs
- Git / GitHub
- Heroku / AWS
How We Work:
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments.
- We work in a mix of Agile and Kanban.
- We keep meetings to an absolute minimum to maximize development time.
- We keep to a 40-hour work week and respect your time away from the office.
What we provide:
- Competitive Salary.
Two days of remote work per week.
A healthy work/life balance.
Casual work environment/atmosphere.
Paid vacation and holidays.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans.
401K and supplemental insurance plan benefits.
Paid gym membership and organic fruit delivery.
Free parking, free option for secure bike storage.
Discounted Wireless Service plans.
Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities.
Kegs on tap in the office.
Read Full Job Description