Lead Back End Engineer
Poised to be one of the largest content powerhouses in the world, Inboxlab is an expansive network focused on building successful, high-quality brands around the inbox. Revolutionary in its scope and scale, Inboxlab has brilliantly innovated email—the last undisrupted digital communications platform—to engage and inspire communities via the inbox. Recognized as a Top 50 Startup to Watch in 2019 by Built In Colorado, Inboxlab is proud to be based in Denver and quickly adding to its team of go-getters and entrepreneurs.
Inboxlab presently focuses on two primary verticals: travel and gaming. Our mission-based flagship travel brand, The Discoverer, reaches 3,000,000+ subscribers with its weekly editions and the Inbox Games network currently serves 50,000,000+ game plays per month.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Lead Back-End Developer, you will be responsible for back-end application development, system architecture design, infrastructure management and devops as well as playing a key role in contributing to the overall direction and design for websites and web apps. This role reports to the VP Engineering and requires an individual with excellent back-end application development expertise, system architecture experience, REST API development and design experience, database management and devops experience as well as great teamwork, communication and attention to detail.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Work closely in teams composed of Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, Front-end Developers, Back-end Developers and QA Analysts
- Work with the engineering team and product team to design, develop, test and deploy new functionality, apps, systems and more
- Design, develop, document and manage Inboxlab’s REST API.
- Work closely with front-end developers to integrate REST APIs and develop the application’s logic and features
- Communicate with the management team and translate business needs into technical specifications and requirements
- Setup and manage relational and non-relational (schema-less) databases
- Work with very large amounts of data using systems like Google BigQuery to store and analyze large amounts of event driven data and make decisions based on the findings
- Run, manage and maintain Inboxlab’s many servers and web apps and ensure infrastructure, scalability and constant uptime
- Integrate with various third party APIs to consume, deliver and connect data between our own system and trusted third parties
- Develop SQL queries for grouping and analyzing data
- Work in a product development process that is primarily agile/scrum
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 8+ years of back-end development experience working in a production environment and serving millions of users
- 8+ years working in a product development team/environment, collaborating with Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, Front-end Developers, Back-end Developers and QA Analysts
- 6+ years working with MongoDB and MySQL databases
- 6+ years designing, developing, testing, documenting and deploying REST APIs consumed by millions of users
- 6+ years experience with NodeJS and Express
- 6+ years experience working in the MEAN (MongoDB - Express - Angular/React - NodeJS) stack
- Experience in managing and maintaining servers (tools like Heroku, Docker, Amazon AWS)
- Experience with Google BigQuery (some other big data system like Amazon RedShift also a plus)
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS/ReactJS a plus
- 5+ years experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Experience working with Git and sharing code repositories
- Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team
- Experience with other web UI/application frameworks a plus Desire to learn new technologies, languages, frameworks, etc.
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all! We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!