Landing Gear Mechanical Systems Engineer Contractor at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:23 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, January 14, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
The primary responsibilities will include design, manufacture, integration and testing of nose and main landing gear for XB-1, the first independently developed supersonic jet and history's fastest civil aircraft. Specific tasks will include oleo shock absorber performance drop testing, landing gear integration, landing gear retraction / extension swing testing, integrated system functionality, and system preparation for flight test.
- 5+ years of design industry experience as a responsible engineer on landing gear or primary aircraft structure
- Intimate working knowledge of aerospace aluminum and steel alloys, heat treats, and manufacturing processes
- Industry experience with the following systems: Oleo struts, Oil/gas damper functionality and testing, Aircraft wheels, tires, brakes and Landing gear sensor integration
- Industry experience designing, performing analysis, and producing technical drawings of components in CAD
- Experience writing and executing test plans
- Experience with full life cycle of aircraft system development including design, integration, and test
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate on technical topics effectively
- Ability to partner internally and research and interact with potential suppliers
Nice to Have:
- 10+ years industry experience as a responsible engineer on landing gear or primary aircraft structure
- Experience with machining and manufacturing processes for highly loaded metallics
- Experience in kinematic mechanism design and analysis
- Experience in dynamic system modeling, analysis
- Experience designing parts, performing stress analysis, producing drawings and working with large assemblies within the SolidWorks environment
- Experience designing highly loaded mechanical joints / bearing stackups
- Experience developing, refining and managing system level requirements from formal and informal sources
- Experience developing and deriving aircraft landing load cases
- Experience with manned experimental aircraft flight testing
- Experience designing or maintaining aircraft hydraulic systems
Degrees and Certifications:
- An undergraduate degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is required
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description