Lab Operations Technician POSTED 10/12/21
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Lab Operations Technician to focus on building, operating, maintaining, improving and reporting on AMP’s testing infrastructure, in addition to supporting new product prototyping and existing product improvements. You will be a direct contributor in evolving AMP’s recycling technology proving ground that forms the backbone of our innovation. You will partner with the entirety of the engineering organization in pursuit of pushing the state of the art. You will be expected to be able to work autonomously with high level guidance, validate your own work, meet schedules, provide feedback, and suggest improvements.
As our Lab Operations Technician, you will work to:
- Build - Leading and assisting in the building of AMP products and testing equipment
- Full system prototype builds
- Test rigs
- Testing infrastructure
- Maintain - Keeping the lab equipment in optimal operating condition.
- Operating and calibrating
- Cleaning and organizing
- Debugging problems that come up, and finding solutions
- Test - Full system and subsystem testing of AMP products
- Report - Communicating testing results to the engineering team
- Improvement suggestions
- Participating in design reviews
The successful candidate will have:
- Electrical Skills
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and schematics
- Working proficiency with multimeter, current probes
- Mechanical Skills
- Strong working knowledge of assembly drawings, pneumatic schematics, etc.
- Confidence in working with: semi-automated machining tools, hand tools, mechanical systems including pneumatics, valves, sensors, etc.
- Communication and Time Management Skills
- Reporting results
- Collaborating with multiple teams
- Management of competing priorities
- Strongly mission driven, no task to small no job too big, keep the team moving
- Positivity in the face of adversity
- Customer oriented
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously as part of a team
- Maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail while working in a dynamic environment.
- Extremely resourceful - known as a person who “finds a way to get it done.”
Note - If you DO NOT precisely fit the below qualifications but you DO believe you would excel in this role, we encourage you to apply! AMP is looking for mission-driven, creative problem-solvers. We recognize ideas and background diversity can be strong business assets.
- Software Skills
- Understanding of Linux Systems (networking, debugging, display, peripherals)
- Proficiency in troubleshooting HW/SW boundary (failing hardware, disconnected hardware)
- ElectroMechanical Skills
- Data Acquisition Devices
- Mechanical Skills
- Working proficiency with 3D Modeling, Solidworks or other
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- 1500 Cherry St, Louisville, CO 80027
- 2770 Industrial Lane, Broomfield, CO 80020
- 2780 Industrial Lane, Broomfield, CO 80020
- 11175 E 55th Ave, Denver, CO
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $62,000 - $79,000 based on experience.
Full-Time / Salaried Employees
- Medical - The company covers up to 85% of the premium of UHC Gold Choice Plus POS 1250 BP9K. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 25% for dependents.
- Group Life, AD&D – 100% paid.
- Long Term Disability – 100% paid.
- Dental Insurance – 75% paid.
- Vision Insurance* - 75% paid.
- Employee Assistance Program - Provided through United Healthcare.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.31 hours (0.54 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.
- 401(k) retirement plan - (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays.
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.