Junior Software Engineer
Join the team transforming the way coaches and athletes interact!
At TrainingPeaks as a Software Engineer, you’ll help build and scale the platform used by Tour de France teams, IRONMAN® World Champions, Olympians, athletes, and coaches around the world to track, analyze and plan their training. Every month we parse millions of workouts sourced from platforms and devices such as Garmin, Polar, Zwift, Suunto, and Wahoo to provide immediate feedback about peak performances, thresholds, Training Stress Scores, etc.
You will be responsible for creating and supporting sites and services that power our products, owning applications from inception through development, test, and release to production. Team members must be flexible and willing to take on whatever responsibilities are needed to regularly ship all of TrainingPeaks’ offerings.
In this role you will contribute to our backend services and help improve system scalability, add new features to APIs, refactor, identify performance bottlenecks across the entire system, etc. We will challenge you to continue growing in your craft, and you will help us continually improve processes, software quality, and system performance. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Continuously deliver features that delight our growing and evolving customer base
- Address problems of scale to help us sustain current growth and prepare for the future
- Support our internal and external customers by developing stable, intuitive APIs
- Review code written by team members to help ensure high-quality, performant code
- Help drive open and honest team communication, best practices and education in new technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you possess:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or STEM degree, OR demonstrable experience
- Great communications skills are a must
- C# / .NET, Java, or similar experience preferred, with good knowledge of object-oriented design, common OO practices, and Design Patterns (in any language)
- A passion for learning and growing as a software engineer, and a desire for mentorship from more senior engineers
- Familiarity with Web API technologies such as OAuth, SOA and RESTful APIs
- Working understanding of software quality best practices including unit and integration testing
- Strong drive for problem-solving and for constantly-evolving technologies and software development methods
- Experience with RDBMS, data storage, and caching tools such as Redis, Elasticsearch, and Microsoft SQL Server
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong collaboration skills
It would be great for you to also have:
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud technologies
- CI/CD processes and tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Amazon Code*, etc.
- Familiarity with SOLID principles, thinking in abstractions, etc.
Note: A code test will be required as part of the interview process.
Benefits and Perks Include:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust