Junior DevOps Engineer/Analyst at FIS
Position Type :
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
- About FIS
- FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. FIS empowers the financial world with payment processing and banking solutions, including software, services and technology outsourcing. Our solutions are branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software.
- FIS’ 50,000+ worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. We serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
- About our Team
- As part of FIS Global Software Mgmt, our team is at the forefront of supporting client implementations of FIS's nextgen core banking solution: Modern Banking Platform. Our focus is delivering code & configuration changes and troubleshooting issues, throughout test and production environments. We use industry-leading technologies, applications, and automation to ensure CIO standards and production up time are met or exceeded on a daily basis.
- Looking to start or grow your career at FIS? Our team is centrally placed, interfacing with a broad range of FIS teams, systems, and applications on a daily basis. Join our expanding team in meeting exciting IT opportunities and servicing a rapidly growing banking customer base.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- Career level professional role. Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- What you will be doing
- Elevating code/configuration changes for FIS core banking platforms, across test and live Production environments
- Supporting devops software delivery across many systems, while resolving technical and procedural conflicts
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting, resolving issues escalated by client or project teams
- Implementing and supporting best practices in version control, software development life cycle management, build management, and deployment management
- Working closely with project and technical leads in order to solve technical and procedural roadblocks and meet client deliverables
- Promoting software upgrades according to a change management schedule, providing follow-up environment support and issue troubleshooting as needed
- Installing, configuring, and supporting CICD tools used in delivering changes
- Maintaining source control repositories using configuration management strategies
- Coordinating and facilitating approved change windows for product release and infrastructure maintenance windows, participating in change management reviews as needed.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation (we have an extensive wiki knowledgebase!)
- Participating in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned
- Desired Qualifications:
- Advanced analytic and troubleshooting skills with the ability to solve new problems creatively
- Proficient critical thinking skills with the ability to apply existing knowledge to solve new challenges
- Ability to own a problem and lead it through to resolution.
- Coordinate resolution activities with IT groups across systems and platforms so they occur in sync Demonstrable knowledge of change and release management principles, procedures and techniques (SDLC, ITIL, CICD, DevOps, Automated testing, etc)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing Agile environment
- Comfortable working in a production support environment with the ability to respond to requests under tight deadlines in a dynamic working environment
- Must be well organized, self-motivated and self-directed Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication, with the ability to effectively discuss technical topics with both technical and non-technical audiences (project managers, quality assurance, developers, business analysts, architects, etc)
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a larger team to meet deliverables
- Willingness and availability to support off-hours (nights/weekend) on a rotational basis
- The ideal candidate would also bring knowledge of FIS products and services and/or knowledge of our client’s(banks) business functions and technology needs
- Technology Skills
- Operating Systems: Linux/Unix/Windows
- Container platforms: Kubernetes/Openshift
- Microservice Architecture: Docker
- Automation applications: Jenkins/Helm
- Version/Artifact control systems: Git/Artifactory
- Database: Oracle, SQL server, GT.M
- Atlassian Suite: JIRA/Bitbucket/etc
- Monitoring tools: Splunk/Kibana
- Cloud systems: Azure/AWS
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.