Junior DevOps Engineer- Denver
Intelepeer is a leading CPaaS provider and a fast-growing company based in San Mateo, Denver and Dania beach Florida. We are looking for Junior Linux DevOps Engineer (preferred Redhat/Centos) for our Denver office to manage more than 1000 server’s cross multiple datacenter and public cloud. He/she will work with other team members to provide reliable system infrastructure via internal and public cloud providers (AWS, IBM, GCP).
We are looking for a quick starter, fast-learner, team player to grow the domain knowledge and contribute to the success of this company.
This is full-time position. We do not sponsor H1-B.
- Building, maintaining, securing and monitoring infrastructure.
- Participle in after-hours deployments and maintenance.
- Participle on-call rotation
- Basic server related maintenance in data center to make sure our infrastructure is healthy, reliable and responsive.
- Provide reliable system infrastructure via internal cloud or public cloud.
- Work with other teams to satisfy future infrastructure needs.
- Planning system maintenance to compliance with the security advisory.
- Provide well-written document via Jira, confluence and README file within git repo.
- Maintain existing chef cookbook, implement new chef cookbook for additional system components.
- Utilize auditing tools to ensure accurate monitoring of all systems, services, and processes.
- Draft and promote standards and best practices among different team to archive better product, reliability, compatibility, better performance.
- Be available for support of highly available systems on a rotational basis (on-call rotation).
- Planning hardware refresh and maintenance where necessary
- Acting as technical and managerial escalation points for NOC and HelpDesk,
- Monitoring ticket queues for change control, incidents, and requests
- Ability to Travel for IT Infrastructure installation and maintenance.
- Major in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience required
- Experience in Linux (Redhat and/or CentOS)
- Experience in scripting (bash shell, Python and php)
- Experience in git command line tool, Continuous Integration, gitlab
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud based technologies such as VMware, AWS or IBM cloud
- Experience in database such as MySQL and MongoDB.
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP stack, HTTP
- Experience in Windows OS