Junior Architect / Principal SW Engineer at IHS Markit Digital
Do you want to build solutions for the biggest names in the finance industry?
Our public and private sites generate over 2 billion hits per week. If you manage your investments online, you may already be using our solutions.
Do you want to create modern web applications with cutting edge UI/UX designs?
Our team of 40+ designers are building the next generation of online of experiences for finance, every day.
Are you looking for an exciting and engaging place to work? A place where you can continue to grow your skills, in a stable environment where we put our people first?
We’ve been in business for over 25 years, and continue to be the premier provider of digital solutions for the financial industry today.
Who is Markit Digital
We design, develop, and host data rich, full featured, and highly trafficked web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. Our mission is to build the tools and solutions to help secure the financial futures of everyday people. Learn more about us here.
What you'll do at Markit Digital
- Leverage your 8+ years of technical experience to provide your team with feedback and expertise.
- Continue to grow and learn by mentoring developers at all levels, while evangelizing your knowledge and best practices.
- Pull from your deep professional experience, and help us to design and build amazing web applications for some of the biggest names in the financial industry.
- Partner with our amazing design team to bring our client’s vision to reality.
- Be smart and motivated enough to find a way, even if you don't know how yet.
- Help guide the continuous improvement of your teams’ systems and applications.
- Let us benefit from your past mistakes, by showing us how to build it right the first time.
- Lean on some of the most talented developers in the field, and enjoy not having to have all the answers, all the time.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Semantic HTML
- CSS, LESS, SASS
- React or Vue.js
- Redux, Vuex, or other equivalent state management
- NPM, Webpack, Gulp, Grunt
- Continuous Integration Tools
- Unit Testing experience (Mocha, Jest, etc)
- Exposure to jQuery, Bootstrap
Bonus Points for:
- .NET MVC with C#
- Web Accessibility
- Web Site Security
- Bachelors in Computer Science or relevant professional experience
Where we're going at Markit Digital
Hot on the heels of moving our service oriented architecture to the cloud and automating our deployments and configurations, we're moving to a containerized environment and building a RESTful product suite. We are always on the lookout for ways to make our sites more secure, scalable, and fast. We are continuing to explore our wealth of new data sources outside of the financial markets to pioneer new market spaces like virtual and augmented reality.
Note: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance or visa sponsorship at this time.