Junior DevOps Engineer
Sunday is growing and scaling quickly by reinventing the lawn and garden space through the lens of e-commerce and technology. Our data-driven service and products will help 90+ million Americans turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems - without all the toxic stuff. (Think custom meal kits for lawns, minus all the tedious chopping!)
We are backed by a group of experienced investors and advisors, and now we are looking for the right people to join our core team. Together, we will disrupt an industry by building cuttingedge greenfield products that help people and the environment.
If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in Forbes magazine!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior DevOps Engineer. As our new Junior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for developing and maintaining infrastructure automation features, understanding and developing our CI/CD processes, and helping us build a repeatable and scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Utilize open source technologies and tools to orchestrate cloud infrastructure based solutions.
- Write scripts and automation in BASH and Python.
- Automate, maintain and expand our Kubernetes and istio based infrastructure.
- Understand and leverage our third party SaaS providers.
- 2 years of experience in DevOps.
- Strong knowledge of scripting using BASH and/or Python.
- Comfortable using the Linux command line.
- Cloud Infrastructure experience.
- Ideally a deep knowledge of containerization and orchestration, preferably in Kubernetes, but at least a basic knowledge is required.
- Experience with common tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Bonus points for: Linux systems Security experience; operating and supporting scalable microservices/distributed architectures; and application of industry security best practices to application and system development.
- Strong knowledge of container based software development.
- Critical thinker, problem solving skills and good communication skills.
- Positive attitude with curiosity to discover and solve new problems.
- Competitive salary and stock options!
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision with employee premiums covered at 100% and spouse/family at 50%)
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k (program coming soon)
- Be a core member of small, focused engineering team building new technologies
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
As a company rooted in nature, we deeply understand the benefits of diversity. We work to build a culture that attracts a diverse mix of talented people to help us bring lawn care out of the dark ages. We are committed to building a diverse, vibrant team that brings determination and passion to our work everyday.