Jr. Back End Developer
Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think custom meal kits for lawns - minus all the tedious chopping and with an actually viable business model!)
We are backed by a group of experienced investors and advisors, and following out Series A raise, we are now looking for the right people to join our core team. Together, we will disrupt an industry by building cutting-edge greenfield products that help people and the environment.
If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!
Competitive pay, equity compensation, and fantastic company culture.
We are looking for a junior developer to support the development of all systems that support our environmental analysis and customer database.
Your primary focus will be supporting the development and maintenance of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be supporting the integration of the front-end elements and basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Work directly with our Lead Developer to deliver features on the technical roadmap
- Contribute to development of stable and scalable back-end for a data heavy direct to consumer business
- Integration of user-facing elements with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed, reliability, and scalability
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions and ETL systems
- 2+ years software engineering experience
- You have experience working on production systems at scale
- You have hands-on experience working with AWS and services like EC2
- You have experience identifying, designing, and implementing process improvements
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Python, Django Web Framework, and Django Rest Framework
- Implementing automated testing of Python applications
- Understanding of Git
- Understanding of Docker
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Understanding of security principles with Django
- Knowledge of API design principles, API Integrations, consuming data from external sources and and generating data for front-end use
- Basic understanding of Angular.js
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
We’re looking forward to hearing from you: [email protected]