Java Spring MVC Developer
Arrow Electronics, Inc. – a Fortune 120 company with global headquarters in Denver – helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to continually innovate the “next big thing”. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2018 sales of $30 billion. We are seeking a Java Spring MVC Developer to be a part of our Verical.com team. Verical.com is a Single Page Application built with Angular, Java Spring MVC, and more. We need you to be passionate about developing solutions to achieve business needs and the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including technical design, implementation, testing, deployment and support. This position will sit in either our Golden, CO or Centennial, CO offices. You’ll join a highly agile team of developers who design, develop, and maintain a global e-commerce electronic components marketplace that lists more than $13.5 Billion of inventory from around the world.
- Architects, designs and develops web and software solutions, and supporting database objects, to meet business requirements. Manages full software development life cycle including testing, implementation, and auditing. Performs solution design, bug verification, and support, which may require research and analysis.
- Execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. Analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and participate in software upgrades, revisions, fixes and patches as mandated by the vendor.
- Design, develop, and document specifications throughout the project life cycle.
- You’ll help to develop great looking and highly functioning B2B web applications and interfaces.
- You will ensure we always move forward by fixing bugs, improving usability and performance.
- You will not just passively receive requirements; you will be a leader in building the company’s strategy.
- Work cross-functionally as needed, to meet goals and project deadlines.
- Collaborate with internal staff to define project scope, objectives and detailed requirements.
- Provide on-going maintenance and support for current applications.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
- Works independently
- Experience with Webservices, SOLR, Apache, Tomcat, and Jenkins
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work across the stack in a team, contributing ideas and leaning in to assist where needed.
- Have experience working with source code management tools in a shared code environment.
- Has experience working with remote team members and clients.
- You understand how browser-based interfaces interact with back-end services and RESTful web services.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, with exceptional follow up.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Thrives in an environment with changing priorities.
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Comfortable working in a Kanban methodology
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Interactive Media, Interactive Design, Visual Studies, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Node.js and Server-Side Rendering
- Experience with Front End design – Responsive HTML, CSS
- Experience with other programming languages such as C, C#, C++, Python, R
- Experience with CMS platforms – including headless
- Experience with cXML
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Interactive Media, Interactive Design, Visual Studies, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.